Pat Svoboda Traded to Riga

StamkosFan

Pat Svoboda was traded from the HC Davos Dynamo to the Riga Reign in a blockbuster along with friend, draft class buddy, and teammate Elias Dahlberg. The Swedish right wing was reportedly unhappy with the cut in his ice time during the previous season, and is looking forward to being a major piece for Riga. "I am very pumped to be joining Riga, I think it can be a perfect fit for both of us. I didn't do so well the last season, but I think having that belief and faith from the Riga coaching staff will help me turn things around. When I got some extra time in the playoffs, I went on a tear, and I think I can carry that over to the next season. Having a taste of the playoffs now, I'm a lot hungrier and I'll be out for blood this year. My play style has evolved a lot since I first joined the league, and I think I'm exactly what the doctor ordered for the Reign. And then on top of that, I was able to stay with my best friend in the VHL, who is just a really awesome and active player. Dahlberg and I play great together, so I'm very happy we didn't have to be separated," said Svoboda.