Justin Rushmore drafted by Yukon!!

scoop

I didn't really know what to expect going into the VHLM draft, as far as where I would be picked or by whom. Ultimately, I was the 14th overall pick by the Yukon Rush, a team with which I am very familiar.

As some of you know (but probably not actually a whole lot), I was the founder of the Yukon Rush back in S31. To be quite honest, I'm actually surprised the team still exists, given the shakeups in the VHLM that have occurred and the fact that the team is located in Yukon. Certainly there have to be more prominent locations for a team to be, but the Rush have survived somehow despite occasional discussion of moving the team. And I'm certainly happy to see it. I'm also happy to be going back there with Rushmore.

When I founded them, I didn't have a player on the team, but we won the championship in S31. Several seasons later, in S52, I played for the Rush for the first time with my goalie, mist4ke. The team was one game away from winning the Founder's Cup, losing in Game 7 to some other team that is less cool.

While I am happy to be on the Rush this season, there is one other team that I would have also preferred above the rest. That is the Minnesota Storm, simply for the fact that I live in Minnesota.