Reapers Select Pearson at 9th

Jayrad28

“With the 9th overall selection the VHLM dispersal draft, the Philadelphia Reapers select From the San Diego Marlins, Center Alex Pearson” 

8042FF56-2531-4F87-B68C-459C98FB1900.jpeg.c07144a336a478ab92b3cdb87accb1bf.jpeg

The Philadelphia reapers Had 2 picks in the first round of the VHLM Dispersal Draft And with their 1st pick they picked up rookie standout defenceman Connor Adrienne who will Quarterpack the Powerplay and top defence pair. With their second pick they went a little off the board and selected Marlins Center Alex Pearson.

Pearson has 18 Goals and 18 Assists For the marlins in his Rookie Campaign. Those aren’t exactly stellar number but the other elements he brought to the ice helped the marlins to the playoffs. His aggressive forechecking and solid face offs were huge assets to them during the season and as the season went along we saw his extremely raw talent begin to shine. But he was demoted to a bottom 6 role after a scoring drought and never really was able to recover until late in the Season. 

The Reapers selected Pearson on hopes he can meet his high potential he showed in his high school days.

“It’s kinda surreal, I didn’t except to go this early, I knew I wasn’t going back to San Diego so the Reapers were probably one of my top choices” Pearson said as he grinned, sporting his new Reapers Jersey.

The Reapers lost most of their roster that made it to the finals, Pearson will be a big peice on a team they can hopefully go all the way this season.

Edited by Jayrad28