S67 VHL Award Show Discussion Thread

Dil

• Commissioner
33 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Nobody on this committee even considered that the guy was so inactive he got force removed as a GM? This is reward worthy to VHL senior site members?

Miss me with the whole "real life stuff happens" and "oh these are just IN-SIM awards" garbage arguments, which even then I'd say a vast majority of VHLers, not on this awards committee, are going to give their vote to Jaguar based on the "in-sim" result. Mars was overplayed on a garbage underachieving team. The fact Moscow had a more successful season than Seattle alone is strength enough.

I'm done arguing about this, because obviously nothing is going to be done, or changed about this.  Still waiting on the 8 members of this committee, though. The fact nobody's willing to post it is comedy in and of itself.

@Beketov free boubabi 

You could literally figure it out yourself. Just tag the group and then click on the tag, it shows everyone that has it. I'll even do half the work for you.

@Award Committee

Scratch the above, that's interesting, apparently it only shows people with that as their primary which is just Phil. In any case I'm willing to give you the list since it's not normally something we keep entirely private but I'm not going to do it just to watch you argue with them so can we be civil?

Also the activity argument has basically always been invalid, as annoying as that can be sometimes. We vote for things based on merit, not member and always have. If member arguments were taken into account your buddy Boubabi wouldn't have Cornerstone in the HoF and I believe Ron wouldn't have won a couple of his awards. You're still picking and choosing what you care about to try and fit the metric that you chose it should have been voted on.

No one is ever going to be 100% happy with the awards, especially when they are involved. I would have won the Kanou with normal voting (since I had the most first place votes) but I'm more than fine admitting that Pepper had a great run and deserves it as well. You deserved more consideration than the vote implies I don't deny it but that doesn't mean the consideration wasn't there; just ultimately they chose against you. You're acting as if it's outrageous and that Mars was infinitely worse than you when really he played on a slightly worse team which does inflate people's stats; it happens. Ultimately the committee didn't think the inflation was enough that the award wasn't deserved. You still had an amazing rookie season, go off and build on that instead of dwelling on a single award. I had a shit rookie season and am having a great career, it means nothing.

1 hour ago, gorlab said:

Nobody on this committee even considered that the guy was so inactive he got force removed as a GM?

Nobody informed me of this. I assumed all were just as active. I did base it on stats. It was never brought up.

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, Phil said:

Nobody informed me of this. I assumed all were just as active. I did base it on stats. It was never brought up.

Nor does activity make any difference, we're giving the award to the player not the user. The better player won.

• Commissioner
7 minutes ago, gorlab said:

cringe 

Great rebuke.

We discussed your article prior to voting. It seems it just wasn't convincing enough.

Just now, Josh. said:

Great rebuke.

We discussed your article prior to voting. It seems it just wasn't convincing enough.

How am I not surprised that you were one of the 8 idiots on this committee. 

THE BETTER PLAYER WON. ???

Cringe af. 

48 minutes ago, gorlab said:

How am I not surprised that you were one of the 8 idiots on this committee. 

THE BETTER PLAYER WON. ???

Cringe af. 

I hate the word cringe, but throwing a fuss over who won an award based on subjective criteria in a sim sports league and voted on by people volunteering their spare time feels cringier than maybe having voted for the "wrong" person.

Just now, Enorama said:

I hate the word cringe, but throwing a fuss over who won an award based on subjective criteria in a sim sports league and voted on by people volunteering their spare time feels cringier than maybe having voted for the "wrong" person.

Touché. Guess we're all reeting out together. 

@gorlab I'm a bit late here, but not getting your way doesn't mean you can complain like a little kid about it. You cherry picked which stats you beat him in, which has convinced absolutely nobody that you deserved to win. You both had awesome seasons but he beat you in goals and points which are arguably pretty high factors when it comes to voting. I'm surprised it was 8-0 but chill out, you're gonna win more awards eventually. Stop referring to the committee as "idiots" and "retards" because not only is it pretty disrespectful to members who have a far better legacy than you, but it makes everyone lose respect for you and realize that you're just a sour little bitch boy

1 hour ago, ShawnGlade said:

@gorlab I'm a bit late here, but not getting your way doesn't mean you can complain like a little kid about it. You cherry picked which stats you beat him in, which has convinced absolutely nobody that you deserved to win. You both had awesome seasons but he beat you in goals and points which are arguably pretty high factors when it comes to voting. I'm surprised it was 8-0 but chill out, you're gonna win more awards eventually. Stop referring to the committee as "idiots" and "retards" because not only is it pretty disrespectful to members who have a far better legacy than you, but it makes everyone lose respect for you and realize that you're just a sour little bitch boy

Wow, I better take this guy's advice. He became a VHL GM within 4 months of becoming a member, after all. What a legacy! 

???