S66 Hall of Fame Induction

Beketov

• Commissioner

SIktWHF.png

As is League tradition, every off-season the VHL presents it's Hall of Fame induction. This season, and for at least the next 2 seasons, the Board of Governors has decided that only one Player will be inducted, as opposed to the traditional 2 inductions each season. This season we also welcome another builder into our ranks, one that has been waiting a long time to enter this hall.

D9T11yr.png

D - Mats Johnsson, S57, S57-64 :cal::sea::hel:

@Quik

RS: 576GP, 134G, 469A, 603P, +191, 608PIM, 984HIT, 1046SB, 22GW

PO: 72GP, 19G, 68A, 87P, +20, 148PIM, 173HIT, 171SB, 4GW

S61 Alexander Valiq Trophy (Top Offensive Defenceman)

S62 Jake Wylde Trophy (Top Defensive Defenceman)

S63 Sterling Labatte Trophy (Top Overall Defenceman)

S63 Jake Wylde Trophy (Top Defensive Defenceman)

Two Continental Cups (S59, S62)

First Team All-VHL (S62, S63) 

Second Team All-VHL (S64)

Without Norris Stopko's first ballot Hall of Fame last season this likely would have happened sooner, but the BOG was quick to react and make sure that Mats Johnsson wasn't passed up again. His beginnings were humble after being drafted by the soon to be defunct Stockholm Vikings and his first few seasons were nothing spectacular but they did not slow Johnsson down for future success, both in the regular season and in the playoffs; the latter of which he made 6 seasons in a row on route to two continental cups in S59 and S62. Johnsson was always a defence first type of player winning the Wylde trophy twice and nearly eclipsing 1000 hits on his career. As an extra bonus, Johnsson holds the current record for practice hours of any player. After all that effort it's certain that he has earned time to rest and sit alongside the greats that are before him in the VHL Hall of Fame.

Vote

Mats Johnsson - 7/10

Ay Ay Ron - 3/10

Tyson Kohler - 0/13

Jakab Holik - 0/13

Astrid Moon - 0/13

Keaton Louth - 0/13

RXIRoMQ.png

@Positivefan036

Many of you likely saw the article eagles wrote a few weeks ago about being inducted into the hall as a builder. Sometimes it just takes a bit of a spark to make people realize that theres been an oversight. Known more commonly by his original name of Eaglesfan, this member contributed greatly to the league since joining over 10 years ago if my memory serves correctly on the date. From being an active grader and BOG participant to one of the longest serving and greatest VHLM Commisioners the league has ever known eagles as served the VHL well. While he has taken a bit of a step back in recent years that does nothing to devalue what he has historically offered to the league. Consider this an oversight corrected as Eaglesfan joins the Hall of Fame as a builder.

Congratulations to both on their induction into the Victory Hockey League Hall of Fame!

Thank you for adding me, feels good :)

One quik note, I believe I've been on the league for 8 years, not 10 as I joined when I was 14 in my freshmen year of high school. I'm now a college graduate so I've kind of grown with this league. 

Also, congrats quik!

• Commissioner
2 minutes ago, Positivefan036 said:

Thank you for adding me, feels good :)

One quik note, I believe I've been on the league for 8 years, not 10 as I joined when I was 14 in my freshmen year of high school. I'm now a college graduate so I've kind of grown with this league. 

Also, congrats quik!

I was making a guess haha

• Victor unfeatured this topic