New Brunswick Hockey star selected in VHL Draft.

Jayrad28

Moncton Times 

The small Province of Canada New Brunswick isn’t exactly well known outside of Atlantic Canada. Most Americans don’t even know it exists. It’s claims to fame include Highest tides, Beautiful Covered Bridges and Drunk idiots driving around in civics.

But a Hockey Player from Moncton New Brunswick is putting the small province on the map.

B5948F77-A1B8-44EC-BE45-69AFA55FD1E3.jpeg.5a96329fd14f8d2311583d3511fd811e.jpeg

One day after being selected 9th by the Philadelphia Reapers in the VHLM, The Twenty year old Centre was picked 30th by reigning Champions Helsinki.

The Young Center put up 36 Points For the San Diego Marlins and was a Feisty Hard forechecking who had a motor that never quit. He showed extreme untapped raw potential in his Highschool hockey days, and the reapers May have gotten a steal if he can put up a big season and help them repeat.

After taking that all in, A day later he wasn’t picked by the Helsinki titans.

”It’s so surreal, I’m still in shock” He said in a post draft scrum. “They just won the cup, and they have some really great players like Matt Thompson, Julian Bronwinn, Sidney Crosby and Alexander Pepper, there’s no better guys to learn from and I can’t wait until I can work my way to the vhl to play with them.”

The Young Center is already a Draft favourite amount the Finnish Helsinki fans back home. Hopefully one day he can tear up the league, maybe bring home a cup or two and make the province proud.