VHLGFX S67 [Submission #1] July 8th - 20th

Motzaburger

13 hours ago, Motzaburger said:

I won't change it this season, but next season (if this keeps up) I may assemble a team of experienced judges to rank graphics instead

Nope/ Just make the entries private. As in people send their entries to your PM or a made account.

10 minutes ago, monkeywrench15 said:

Nope/ Just make the entries private. As in people send their entries to your PM or a made account.

Yeah, this is traditionally how graphics tournys are done. Voters can't trace the graphic back to the designer/owner.

IMO it's the better method, but will destroy your PM inbox, but I guess that's the price you pay to host a gfx tourny. ? 

16 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Yeah, this is traditionally how graphics tournys are done. Voters can't trace the graphic back to the designer/owner.

IMO it's the better method, but will destroy your PM inbox, but I guess that's the price you pay to host a gfx tourny. ? 

We could even email them to him, or DM him on Discord which might be preferred. Either way, somewhere is going to get killed by PMs, but yeah that's what happens when you host.

I guess it's similar to what it was like being a VHL GM before Discord. Tons of PMs. :P

8 hours ago, gorlab said:

8 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

We could even email them to him, or DM him on Discord which might be preferred. Either way, somewhere is going to get killed by PMs, but yeah that's what happens when you host.

I guess it's similar to what it was like being a VHL GM before Discord. Tons of PMs. :P

8 hours ago, monkeywrench15 said:

We'll do this then. PM me submissions from here on out :) 

21 hours ago, Da Trifecta said:

I just find it funny that people think that 5 minutes of someone's time is better than someone spending 30+ minutes on something. Did you ever stop to think that the guys who put a lot of time into their stuff, actually value their work and like when they see the positive feedback of it?

21 hours ago, Da Trifecta said:

How is my opinion that I think it's pure bullshit that Dils troll GFX got more votes than a real GFX person? Come on now. Use some common sense before talking.

I do somewhat agree with you. The first time I submitted something in the first GFX thing that Motza did, I saw some people who got votes over mine and I was just disappointed. It kind of killed a lot of my motivation for even submitting my graphics to the competition.

BUT

at the same time, it is what it is. I was still submitting stuff. I mean, I missed the first submission for this current one so I can't even win, but I'm still going to submit the next rounds because why not? It doesn't hurt for me to submit, and if people don't want to vote correctly then whatever.

It's like what the Grimm Jonsson Trophy turned into, and why it's not a trophy in the VHL anymore. It became a popular contest.....(one that I one a bunch of times. Haha, losers).

In the end I just don't really care about anything here in my own way. I'm still active and I still update, but I just mean any drama or anything, I just don't give a shit.