Alyksander Hunter

x3ium0.jpg

Height: 6'2

Weight: 205 lbs

Handedness: Right

Position: Defense

Birthplace: Fernie, BC

Team: San Diego Marlins

Born at the base of the Rocky Mountains, Alyksander's father would always laugh and joke that Alyk was born with skates on. Alyksander found his love for hockey at a young age he never wanted to leave the ice, whether it was on the out-door rink or the practice facility. His love for the game only grew stronger as he grew older. 

Strengths.

Skating:

Alyksander is a phenomenal skater. His stride is fluid, his edge-work is prestine and his first three steps get him going top speed quickly. For a bigger guy it does surprise a person to see him skate with such ease. Effortless really.

Offensive Awareness: 

Who doesn't love scoring goals or dishing out a beautiful assist? Alyk is no exception to that. Unafraid to engage the puck along the boards, pinch down to keep the play alive or simply drive to the net trying to create opportunities. It's something that Alyksander prides himself on. Alyk is always skating with his head up, reading plays and searching for his next pass. Don't give this young man space to shoot, he will find a way to get the puck at the net.

Size/Phyiscality:

Even though Alyksander is geared toward being a more offensive minded d-man, he has no problem crushing someone. Standing at 6'2, 205lbs, Alyksander uses his size to separate opponents from the puck and will always make an opposing player pay if he's caught staring st the puck. Keep your head up.

Areas to improve.

Discipline: 

Despite being a good skater and a sound defenseman, Alyksander finds himself often in trouble with restraining fouls or being overagressive against opponents. 

Strength: 

Even though Hunter is big and physical, he could stand to do some upper body work outs. It all plays into him taking bad penalties. He also unfortunately loses puck battles in front of the net often leading to preventable goals against his team. 

Postioning:

Alyksander is always trying to get the puck moving towards the opponents net. While this isn't necessarily a bad trait, it often leads to unnecessary pinches and poor reads in his own end. He has to clean up these bad habits to become an effective defenseman at the next level.

Alyksander Hunter isn't a player that should be overlooked. He's a mobile, two-way defenseman with great offensive upside. His drive and determination is one of his greatest assets, he will use that to push himself towards his goal of joining the VHL. 

13 minutes ago, Beaviss said:

great start @Jaku

Ill keep an eye out for him at the draft. Im a big fan of the BC Boys.

Thank you! I'm really excited for the chance. This seems like a great place to be, lots of quality players.

2 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Thank you! I'm really excited for the chance. This seems like a great place to be, lots of quality players.

Let me know if you have any questions! im available all the time since I never leave this site.....

1 hour ago, Beaviss said:

Let me know if you have any questions! im available all the time since I never leave this site.....

Haha. Nice. Thank you! I'll keep that in mind.

Review: So first I gotta say like always this was a really good biography then I explain why. The introduction is not something you see everyday. I like how you had that one Strength you took a deep dive instead of doing it to all of the strengths. I gotta say the same for your weaknesses. It was an overall great RP. It’s an amazing start. Keep writing like this you might become featured. 8.7/10 would show to a new member to explain a RP.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Player Profile - Alyksander Hunter [1/2]
  • 3 weeks later...

Review:

Picture, summary, pros, and cons all look good.

In terms of formatting I'd suggest updating the stats setion slightly to read as follows:

Height: 6'2

Weight: 205 lbs

Handedness: Right

Position: Defense

Team: San Diego Marlins

On 7/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, Jaku said:

Damn good hockey city. Probably top-3 in BC for me.

On 7/8/2019 at 10:01 AM, Jaku said:

Offensive Awareness: 

Haven't seen this phrased this way, but I like it. Doesn't limit you to scoring or passing.

I'll be honest, this could be fleshed out a bit beyond some of the single-sentence summaries that you've put in each of the pros and cons, but I can tell the effort is there. You've got my sign-off on this one.

• DollarAndADream changed the title to Player Profile - Alyksander Hunter [2/2]