The Hiatus

McWolf

Hi, fellow VHLers. It's been a long time. Well, it feels like a long time but, looking back, I've only been missing for a season and a half. Fresh off a controversial Sterling Labatte Trophy-winning sophomore season, Joseph McWolf was having another solid season and it just stopped. 

Why? Easy, I burnt out. People told me to look out for it. I didn't and it happened anyway. I went from 1 league to 4 in a couple of months, GMing in 2, and maintaining a high activity level in all of them. So much that it all started to feel like a chore or a homework, it wasn't fun anymore. And it's supposed to be fun. I loved the league so much and wanted it (and myself, as a part of it) to succeed so much that I'd just take on any role I'd be offered without really thinking about the time investments that came with it.

So, I'm using this article here as my way to apologize to everyone for leaving so promptly. The Americans that drafted me and saw me as their franchise dman. The 21st I was GMing, I really hope you're doing well under Thranduil (if it's still you running them). And the admins. Sorry I let you guys down by running away like that.

With that out of the way, I'm glad to be back aboard. I definitely won't be as active now as before I left. I'll take it one step at a time, starting as a casual player. I'm not excluding a return to a job at some point, but not now.

See you guys around here or on Discord.

I missed you, VHL.

2 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Welcome back to one of the best VHLers I've had the pleasure of knowing, so glad to see you back Wolfman!

wave flirting GIF

Glad to be back. Thanks for the kind word, I'll try not to disappoint

It happens to everyone @McWolf, hell, it happened to me with joining SBA and EFL last year lol. The key is to find the best balance for you, and nobody can fault you for taking time away. Welcome back!

10 hours ago, McWolf said:

Hi, fellow VHLers. It's been a long time. Well, it feels like a long time but, looking back, I've only been missing for a season and a half. Fresh off a controversial Sterling Labatte Trophy-winning sophomore season, Joseph McWolf was having another solid season and it just stopped. 

Why? Easy, I burnt out. People told me to look out for it. I didn't and it happened anyway. I went from 1 league to 4 in a couple of months, GMing in 2, and maintaining a high activity level in all of them. So much that it all started to feel like a chore or a homework, it wasn't fun anymore. And it's supposed to be fun. I loved the league so much and wanted it (and myself, as a part of it) to succeed so much that I'd just take on any role I'd be offered without really thinking about the time investments that came with it.

So, I'm using this article here as my way to apologize to everyone for leaving so promptly. The Americans that drafted me and saw me as their franchise dman. The 21st I was GMing, I really hope you're doing well under Thranduil (if it's still you running them). And the admins. Sorry I let you guys down by running away like that.

With that out of the way, I'm glad to be back aboard. I definitely won't be as active now as before I left. I'll take it one step at a time, starting as a casual player. I'm not excluding a return to a job at some point, but not now.

See you guys around here or on Discord.

I missed you, VHL.

That is why I only stick to the VHL. I couldn't handle any more leagues.

• Commissioner

@Thranduil is still in charge of Halifax and I think you’ll be pleased with their most recent announcement.

Good to see you back. I want to say I warned you about burnout but you’re being hard enough on yourself haha. As others have said, it’s all about finding the right balance really. Don’t be a stranger but don’t kill your self this time, Kay?

Welcome back!

My personal recommendation is to find one league to go hard in (my recommendation is obviously VHL) and then participate in one of our sister leagues (SBA, EFL) as a more casual member. I hit the 9 TPE cap in SBA just by doing a media spot (either VHL or SBA and claiming affiliate welfare for the other) and sim participation, so there's no actual extra work for me to do and I'll still be able to create a "good" player and participate in the league. I'll never have a job or anything in that league though.

51 minutes ago, Green said:

thats why Hedge is a good GM, he just knew it :D 

corruption ?

1 hour ago, Sonnet said:

You motherfucker- McWolf gets traded to Riga and suddenly you pop back up and start claiming again!

We'll be seeing each other quite a bit from now on, you'd better be ready ? 

SONNET ❤️