Valentino hosts Hockey Camp for HFX Youth

Kekzkrieg

The new Halifax 21st Defenseman Luciano Valentino began his contract year by hosting a hockey camp catered to inner city youth in Nova Scotia. Coming from a small impoverished town in Italy, Valentino wanted to give the kids in his new home address an opportunity to remember. 

The camp was hosted over the weekend of July 6th-7th and allowed over 100 kids across Nova Scotia, ages 8-12, to enjoy skating and remembering they are just kids. At camp the kids learned skating basics, puck handling, and most importantly defensive strategies and scoring. The camp was from 8 am to 3 pm with lunch and snacks catered by his mother’s family restaurant, Valentino’s. When we asked Daisy, Luciano’s mother, what she served she stated “Pizza and Italian ice of course! That’s what I would make for Luciano before every practice. Now look at him, VHLM. That’s my boy!”

Seeing how the camp was a great success, Luciano states that he is interested in hosting more of these camps in the future. “The kids were a blast, seeing them get a chance to put on skates and play their heart reminds me a lot of my youth. I just want to let the fans and community here know how grateful I am to have me here and give them something to smile about,” Luciano asserted.

Edited by Kekzkrieg
Formatting edit.