Titans prepare to defend title

Quik

Finnish side look to remain atop VHL

Helsinki, FINLAND - Heading into last season, only 29 of 117 submitted VHL Predictions selected the Helsinki Titans to win the Continental Cup. Compare that to this season, where, as of this moment, they are the overwhelming favourites with 48/83 selections, it is clear that league perception of the team has changed. After winning their first Continental Cup in three straight tries, the Titans feel they are finally getting the respect they deserve.

On paper, the team has done nothing to lose the trust of its fanbase, or VHL fans in general, as they are returning nearly their entire roster that ran through the league last season, with only 4th defenceman Bald Guy leaving the team, through trade. In his place will be inspiring rookie defenders Guillaume Fontenette (@okocha5), drafted 30th overall in the S66 Draft, and Derek England (@PenKnight), drafted 16th Overall in the more recent S67 Draft. Also joining the fray for Helsinki will be rookie Center Jordan Tonn (@MexicanCow123), taken one spot ahead of Fontenette in the '66 draft, as well as goaltender Kolur Bjoernsson (@jblock3), who will look to spell incumbent starter Alexander Pepper (@Sonnet) during a long season.

Among Titans returnees, Pepper, Julian Borwinn (@Jubo07), Matt Thompson (@Beketov), and Dan Montgomery (@BarzalGoat) will look not only to defend the team's Continental Cup title, but the 10 individual awards that were won, among them, in S66. Sidney Crosby (@SidTheKid87) and Jesse Wilson (@monkeywrench15) also look to continue their progression, after being arguably the league's best defensive pair last season, putting up a combined 151 points, 280 hits and 253 shot blocks.

With the team doing naught but improving, they head into the season looking to make good on their status as Continental Cup favourites, with sights set on a 4th straight Finals appearance!

@Beaviss is just jelly because he couldn't win a Cup in our first Finals appearance

@Peace is just bitter that he wasn't drafted by us, and his teams have all underachieved with him on them

@Banackock ... tired from all the VHLM Commish work?

12 minutes ago, Quik said:

@Beaviss is just jelly because he couldn't win a Cup in our first Finals appearance

@Peace is just bitter that he wasn't drafted by us, and his teams have all underachieved with him on them

You’re really enjoy the skill benefits of taking Odinsson over me right about now! 

I’m happy with Toronto... looking forward to lighting Helsinki up offensively this season. ✌️ 

1 minute ago, Peace said:

You’re really enjoy the skill benefits of taking Odinsson over me right about now! 

I’m happy with Toronto... looking forward to lighting Helsinki up offensively this season. ✌️ 

Odinsson > King (+ Meyers) > S68 TOR 1st

So...great young player + 1st round pick, yeah, pretty happy with the returns right now. Enjoy tanking Toronto's chances at a Cup :) 

26 minutes ago, Quik said:

Helsinki has been burning me lately and I didnt notice the slights against me. You are on my radar now though.

1 minute ago, Beaviss said:

Helsinki has been burning me lately and I didnt notice the slights against me. You are on my radar now though.

giphy.gif