Downey Ready to Prove Doubters Wrong

JeffD

Downey Ready to Prove Doubters Wrong

Mississauga, ON – New Mississauga Hounds defenseman Jeff Downey is coming into the S67 VHLM season with a chip on his shoulder. The high school standout defenseman came into the VHLM dispersal draft with high expectations on his draft position but fell all the way to the 4th round, being taken 35th overall.

‘I was really expecting more out of this draft. I had spoken to a few general managers prior to the draft and had high hopes that I would be drafted fairly high. Even though I was new to the league shortly before the draft I had proven I was committed in the training room and had attended a few league meetings already. I guess I’ll just need to prove all the teams that passed on me wrong.’ Downey said when interviewed after the draft.

Being picked by the Hounds has provided Downey with an interesting situation. He will no doubt be heavily relied on by the Hounds and will have all of the opportunity in the world for ice time. If Jeff can capitalize on this opportunity his dropping in the VHLM draft could greatly benefit his stock in the VHL draft.