Why do CPU Goalies Have different Overalls and Stats?

Just now, GustavMattias said:

More important question about CPU goalies: can we please bring back THE HOUND as the Mississauga backup?

I think the more important question is why are some teams getting an unfair advantage over others?

Just now, Positivefan036 said:

I think the more important question is why are some teams getting an unfair advantage over others?

In all seriousness, agreed. I'd like to know why as well.

But somebody please bring back THE HOUND

3 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

We had an era of VHL where @Victor and @JardyB10 each named their goalie after a Clegane brother, and they were both pretty good

Just now, Positivefan036 said:

We had an era of VHL where @Victor and @JardyB10 each named their goalie after a Clegane brother, and they were both pretty good

Wasn't Jardy also behind CGY G or whatever his name was?

• Commissioner
17 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

But why does your team get the special treatment :|

2 minutes ago, Josh. said:

But why does your team get the special treatment :|

Maybe we're just special?

I don't know, ask Bek to name your backup YUKON CORNELIUS or something.

I am going off of memory - but I believe a while ago, CPU goalies were given some level of TPE (I want to say 150-175ish?) in order for the old rebuilding teams with 0 players not get completely destroyed and for playing you back up to not be an auto loss, just a very likely loss.

GMs could decide how they wanted that TPE allocated, hence the different attributes and overalls.

Do any teams even use them as their backups anymore?

50 minutes ago, flyersfan1453 said:

I am going off of memory - but I believe a while ago, CPU goalies were given some level of TPE (I want to say 150-175ish?) in order for the old rebuilding teams with 0 players not get completely destroyed and for playing you back up to not be an auto loss, just a very likely loss.

GMs could decide how they wanted that TPE allocated, hence the different attributes and overalls.

Yeah this, GM's assigned preferred attributes ages ago. @Quik had brought up letting GM's either re assign or rename again at some point a while back now I think.

• Admin
2 hours ago, flyersfan1453 said:

Yeah, I feel like this happened in S25 or something. Or maybe when we expanded in S30 since there were more teams than goalies.

I'm sure every team has the unwritten right to change their CPU goalie's attributes.

• Senior Admin
1 hour ago, flyersfan1453 said:

If I remember correctly, it messes with the portal if you change their names.

now that I got my STHS license renewed i could add the 'β' to VHL bot names and solve the problem....if im feeling generous

6 hours ago, Will said:

now that I got my STHS license renewed i could add the 'β' to VHL bot names and solve the problem....if im feeling generous

Ok mr SENIOR admin