Valentino and HFX look to tilt the scale

Kekzkrieg

800.jpeg.e79815984aeb329c2052f187a70e1ee5.jpeg

Defenseman Luciano Valentino (Center) celebrating after his only goal thus far in his first VHLM season.

HALIFAX, NS - The hometown Halifax 21st got off on a rocky start this season but were able to even themselves out in the standings with a solid 3 wins, 3 losses tally. Although many would be skeptical on the team's success, the Halifax locker room says otherwise. "It's the first time many of us have played at this level but I am very certain that we, as a team, can turn things around with the help of our veterans and coaching staff," The Rookie and Assistant Captain Luciano Valentino assured.

The Italian born defenseman has spoken louder in his actions rather than words in the place that matters most: on the ice. Although it's his first season in the VHLM, Valentino currently leads the team in points with nine points including eight assists, a goal and twelve shots blocked. When asking for a reaction of such a performance Valentino replied, "This is a team game, I can't put up numbers up like that if it weren't for the great teammates I have with me on and off the ice."

His words were not wrong. In Halifax's last game against San Diego, Valentino only provided one assist after his teammates Joakim Sakic, Owen Nolan, and Ryszard Franciszek netted a goal each following a great shut out performance by Thorvald Gunnarsson between the pipes. This is a team game after all.

228 words