Happy Birthday VHL!

Quik

Happy Birthday VHL! 

73pKPb6.gif

For any of you who are unaware, today, Thursday July 18th, 2019 marks the 12th anniversary of the VHL opening its doors, all the way back on the original Invisionfree forum that many sim leagues used back in the day. A lot has happened over the years, as nearly 100 of you described last year. 

With our birthday comes the annual tradition of gifts for all the league’s members, in exchange for a small amount of work, of course. This year, we are asking all of you to come up with at least three creative player names* to be used in replacing the bots in the sim, including at least two skaters and one goalie. If you'd like, you can specify which league and/or team the name would go on. As a reward, you will receive 12 Uncapped TPE, as well as a Doubles Week to be used with a Point Task submission in the next month**. The ones we like the best will be used to replace the generic "TEAM C1" names currently in the sims.

giphy.gif 

*Please remember that the league does not condone the use of slurs or foul language in the naming of its players.

**Uncapped TPE and Doubles Week must both be claimed by the week ending August 18th 

• Quik pinned, unpinned and featured this topic

FORWARD

Jacob Smith (Most Popular Name in 2007)

Atticus Victorious (Roman Inspired name, spinning off the word Victory)

GOALTENDER

Milo Theodore (Milo is the most popular baby name in 2019 and Theodore is in the top 5. He Was also a goaltender in the NHL so its fitting)

Player

DAVOS - David Dynamo (Normal boys name with the start letters of the franchise, and Dynamo as the last name of the franchise)
TORONTO - Caesar Centurion (To fit in with the Legion term)

Goalie

HELSINKI - Helias Hyperion  (Fitting with the Titan term, Hyperion was the Titan of Light, Helias was his son)

• Commissioner

Decided to pick my names in fitting fashion to the anniversary by basing them off former HoFers of the league who decided to take too much advertising money. Therefore I present to you:

Skaters:

Sterling Coors

Matt Bentley

Goalie:

Maxim Disney

Also while not required I’d like to give my yearly obligatory speech.

The VHL has grown a lot since I joined exactly 12 years ago. There have been many times over the years when I expected it would close its doors; both times the forum had to be moved and prior to this huge boom in members being the most prominent ones. Every year that passes I’m more and more amazed by the ability of our members to make the league thrive, both in enjoyment and in sheer volume. This league has always been about the community for me and I’m thankful to see the community thriving once again. Here’s to one of our best years ever and I look forward to many more to come.

Now enjoy your free gifts in exchange for a tiny amount of posting you greedy vultures :P

P. S my usual addition as well, those who’s pay covers a PT can claim the doubles week as part of their regular pay, just add 6 TPE via other.

My names:

C - Donal Chrump (New York or Mexico City)

C - Ulysses Franklin Osborne (Las Vegas)

C - Butch Cassidy (Calgary)

LW - Sundance Kidd (Calgary)

RW - Cleetus No Last Name Given

RW - Tonto (Calgary)

D - Baby Shark (San Diego)

D - Saitama

G - Scotty Labatte

2 hours ago, Jtv123 said:

Stephen A.Smith

:pierre:

Cheesy Charles - dude loves his cheddar.
Deking Dave - yeah gl stopping him going 1v1 vs your goalie.
Magic Man Michael - the goalie that never stops to impress

• Commissioner
3 minutes ago, Enorama said:

18 free teeps? Might as well name a bot TPE INFLATION while we're at it :P 

A season takes roughly 2 months which makes a career a year and a half on average. A big celebration like this 1-2 times per career is acceptable.

F/D - Santaon Skates

G - Gary Payton

G - Dominique Hashyeek

F/D/G - Bioengineering Major

Helsinki - F - Otakar Janecky

Helsinki - F - Jari Kurri

Helsinki - D - Waltteri Immonen

Helsinki - G - Sakari Lindfors

Helsinki - G - Tim Thomas

Helsinki - F - Hexi Riihiranta

Helsinki - F - Matti Hagman

4 minutes ago, Beketov said:

A season takes roughly 2 months which makes a career a year and a half on average. A big celebration like this 1-2 times per career is acceptable.

I'm mostly chirping at some of the old folks who say we young ones have it too easy with all the free TPE being handed out lately

3 minutes ago, Enorama said:

I'm mostly chirping at some of the old folks who say we young ones have it too easy with all the free TPE being handed out lately

"Back in my day..."