Downey, Mississauga Hounds, Off to Slow Start

JeffD

Downey, Mississauga Hounds, Off to Slow Start

Mississauga, ON – It should come as no surprise to anyone at all but the Mississauga Hounds are off to a very bad start to the season.

Pre-season predictions had them likely finishing last in the league as they really have no top-end talent to speak of. Fourth round pick and rookie Jeff Downey has taken on a leadership role for the young squad after being given the captaincy coming into the season. Downey is currently leading the squad in scoring with two goals, six assists and eight points in 10 games played which is around where you’d expect him to be. The issue with his game has been on the defensive side where he hasn’t been putting up stats like it was thought he might.

‘It’s been tough so far. I think I’ve actually exceeded my expectations by a bit on the offensive side of the puck but defensively I have been struggling. I’ll continue to work on that side of my game in the training gym and I’m hoping we see some results soon.’ Jeff was quoted as saying.

As a team the Mississauga Hounds are off to a 2-8 start with a -23 goal differential. It looks as if this may be a season long trend as there isn’t much help coming on the horizon.