VHL GM Opening

Quik

Hello, I'm going to go ahead and put my name in, cause I figure why not. There is a lot of amazing applicants, an so I just figured it'd be a fun time to just throw my name in. I am currently at what I'd consider to be my "peak" status for activity. I've not missed a single week of updating, I've been very active as both a player and a GM since my return, and I think now would be the best time to come back, my little "resume" over the course of my sim league career includes: 

VHLM GM (Ottawa, Kolari, Oslo, San Diego)

VHL GM (Riga) 

EFL/NCAA GM (Notre Dame x2)

SBA/NCAA GM (Arizona)

I've also GM'd in leagues such as VFL, SSN, and so many others I can't even keep track. On top of that, I've also been a grader, updater, you name it, I've probably held every job possible at least once in most of the leagues. 

I know what to do at this level, I know how to do it well at the VHL level and I'd like to give it another go, with my commitment being this high and my attitude being there and my drive to work being there, I know I can be the best VHL GM I personally can be. Like I said, also with my activity where it is, I feel like now is the best time to take control of the VHL team and really solidify them as my own .

Thanks for the consideration and as always good luck to all the amazing applicants, from what I've seen I can already tell this will be fun. 

What? An application thread for a VHL GM spot? Sure, why not. I'll apply. Wouldn't mind moving up.

I'm new enough that I can't promise that I'll be the world's greatest GM in terms of winning cups--I was able to guide the Hounds to an entirely average season last season and we're currently in the middle of a fire sale so as to be set up for the near future. I can certainly understand if you guys want to go with someone more experienced than myself, but if you like your relatively new guys, then here I am! 

As a side note: if there are any interview questions, or announcements, to be made tomorrow through next Saturday, I'll be out of town then and likely won't be able to get on much, if at all, over the next week. If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to send them anyway--I'm not ignoring you, I promise. I'll answer as soon as I can.

41 minutes ago, BladeMaiden said:

Throwing my name into the ring, this is my 3rd season GMing and I've had the honour of learning the ropes from 2 VHL GMs. My time in both Vancouver and Calgary line me up to be one of the most prepared GMs to step into a VHL position.  I could list my fake accolades and what I have achieved in a short amount of time but honestly my dedication and passion speaks for itself. I run an active LR and continue to promote activity within the forum. There are many people who have applied who have been here for longer or perhaps have more laid back personalities. In the end the VHL is where I want to be, I’ve showed what I can do as an expansion GM and I enjoy a good challenge.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message.

Blade

Blade or we riot

I would love to be a GM. I might be fairly new but I am beast on GM Mode on NHL video games. Many championships and always building Dynasties. I’m in it to win it! I know what it takes to win hockey games and how to build teams. Hire me and I will make you proud. I’m on here 24/7 so I’m addicted and active as all get out ??

Edited by Jbeezy76

I know that these recommendations are not always that useful when deciding who becomes a GM, but I strongly believe there are quite a few people who would deserve a chance at being VHL GM!

First of all, @BladeMaiden, one of the ultimately best people to deal with in LR and a person that has strived to move up to VHL as a GM as long as I know her. A truly passionate person that I believe is an extremely good fit for being a quality VHL GM!
@Peace, is another candidate that I believe is suited to move up and be the VHL GM as he has shown an amazing strategic mindset that will surely be one of the most important aspects for a team in VHL!

@Josh, clearly a guy that has been around the block for some time and deserves this recognition, has a pleasure playing in Yukon and I have to say, he is truly a man of class.

@Jubo07, even though I don't really remember much as a GM as he stepped down fairly quickly, as AGM of Philly he was a pleasure of dealing with and a person I am sure people would rally around in VHL! Someone to consider for sure.

I am not going to rank these recommendations in a list as I believe all of them are great but that being said I truly believe Blade is the best candidate to take up the GM's spot in VHL! 

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, BladeMaiden said:

Nothing wrong with Hufflepuffs but I mean you’re no Slytherins ;) lol

I am though. Slytherin house is best house.

First of all Hufflepuff is the best house, and everyone that disagrees with this is just a stubborn refusing to believe The Truth. Despite this, and even if it's a big flaw in her character (probably the bigger I'm aware of), I feel the need to recommend Blade to the job. 

I won't go into comparisons because I don't know enough about the other applicants, but I know about Blade. We share at least 4 locker rooms across three leagues and she is nice presence in all of them, always motivating the people to participate and be active, to achieve their maximum potential, always willing to help, always providing new ideas, suggestions, questions, and topics to keep the lockerooms going. Her kicker (low positional value) has been drafted in the first round in the EFL draft,  not because her kicking ability, but mainly to have her in the lockeroom. That speaks about the type of person she is. People want to be around her, and that is a must for a GM.

Speaking about her players, they're always very high in TPE (see Wahl, the Gunners in EFL and Una Momento un SBA), which tells a lot about her commitment to them and the community and about her consistency. She is always creating content and available around here, and that's one of the first requirements for a GM. You need to be sure he/she won't ghost, and basically you can't have anyone more dedicated to the VHL than Blade.

If that's not enough to guarantee an opportunity you just have to look at what she has accomplished in the Reapers in just two seasons. They've won a championship already. And they are solid. She has proved to have solid knowledge about the game of hockey, the sim engine and the nuances of managing a team.

As I said before I don't know so much about the other applicants, and I'm sure they are really good, but I have no doubt either that anyone can top Blade's candidacy.

I have to say being in 2 locker rooms with @BladeMaiden I can say she is very active, she is also a great scout of new talent and has a good grasp of linemaking and team building.

i will also say @DilIsPickle is a great active locker room presence for Calgary, has helped me with lines a lot and also done some great scouting for Calgary as well. He has also done some great work for the league discord and should be a strong contender 

58 minutes ago, Sharkstrong said:

First of all Hufflepuff is the best house, and everyone that disagrees with this is just a stubborn refusing to believe The Truth.

What is this

Edited by Matt_O

Just now, Quik said:

Apparently @Sharkstrong is a Hufflepuff truther

Everyone knows Hogwarts is a 2nd rate school, and the only thing it has on Durmstrang is the mixed dorms

I am aware. I am just insulting @Sharkstrong for his vile taste in houses. You must be an S tier clown to say Hufflepuff is good. 

1 minute ago, Matt_O said:

I am aware. I am just insulting @Sharkstrong for his vile taste in houses. You must be an S tier clown to say Hufflepuff is good. 

I am aware. I am just insulting everyone for their vile taste in schools. You must be an S tier clown to say Hogwarts is good.

2 hours ago, BladeMaiden said:

Nothing wrong with Hufflepuffs but I mean you’re no Slytherins ;) lol

Be careful with that pro hufflepuff talk. We shunned Jogn for less.

1 hour ago, Sharkstrong said:

First of all Hufflepuff is the best house, and everyone that disagrees with this is just a stubborn refusing to believe The Truth.

Oh my god this is even worse. Selachii better be doing laps when I get back.

Edited by kayfabe