VHL GM Opening

Quik

This thread is fucking awesome. Activity is fantastic for the past while on the VHL. :)

It wasn't that long ago where I was stepping down as Toronto GM and found almost nobody wanting to take it. I actually had to wait a couple seasons before I found anybody active enough. @Devise stepped in and took the reigns from me.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

This thread is fucking awesome. Activity is fantastic for the past while on the VHL. :)

It wasn't that long ago where I was stepping down as Toronto GM and found almost nobody wanting to take it. I actually had to wait a couple seasons before I found anybody active enough. @Devise stepped in and took the reigns from me.

I think you can thank the recruitment team for that. While I wasn't a part of the mass social media advertisements, a mass PM sent to inactive members brought me back and it was only a month later I was acting GM/interim GM for Saskatoon. With how large the S64-S67 draft classes are I'm not surprised more and more people are wanting to take a GM spot, or at least an AGM position with a club. 

The recruitment teams latest advertisements seemed to have brought in even more people already willing to take some responsibilities/roles on the forum. It's a great place to be, and good for the forums health too. 

I’d like to apply. I like to think I’m a positive contributor to the site and I would like to continue that. I’ve been very active, helping new members, and was voted captain by my teammates on the Lynx.

Good luck to all though, don’t think there’s a bad candidate here.

Not that I'm around much anymore, but in my opinion @BladeMaiden would be the best choice out of current and recent VHLM GMs and AGMs. Very dedicated to her role and does her best to make new members feel welcome. Would be another GM who fiercely defends her player, which is usually a good thing. 

45 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

Not that I'm around much anymore, but in my opinion @BladeMaiden would be the best choice out of current and recent VHLM GMs and AGMs. Very dedicated to her role and does her best to make new members feel welcome. Would be another GM who fiercely defends her player, which is usually a good thing. 

Thanks for the recommendation OMD :) I really appreciate it.  Seriously you made me smile today with this comment lol

Edited by BladeMaiden

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, oilmandan said:

Wait where are you these days?

24 minutes ago, tfong said:

Wait where are you these days?

My work commitments really beefed up and have me working all over the province. Usually with no cell or computer access either. So kinda still around as much as life allows

• Head Moderator
14 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

My work commitments really beefed up and have me working all over the province. Usually with no cell or computer access either. So kinda still around as much as life allows

Ahhh

Well see you when you get back :D

9 hours ago, Peace said:

I think you can thank the recruitment team for that. While I wasn't a part of the mass social media advertisements, a mass PM sent to inactive members brought me back and it was only a month later I was acting GM/interim GM for Saskatoon. With how large the S64-S67 draft classes are I'm not surprised more and more people are wanting to take a GM spot, or at least an AGM position with a club. 

The recruitment teams latest advertisements seemed to have brought in even more people already willing to take some responsibilities/roles on the forum. It's a great place to be, and good for the forums health too. 

Yep. Recruitment has been fantastic. I know for sure that @Beaviss brought a ton of members and then there's been other drives on top of that.

I look back at my Toronto GM application thread and there's 7 replies. Lmao.

3 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yep. Recruitment has been fantastic. I know for sure that @Beaviss brought a ton of members and then there's been other drives on top of that.

I look back at my Toronto GM application thread and there's 7 replies. Lmao.

Yep, I'm pretty sure @Higgins went a season or 2 looking for a replacement before I took over lol

• Admin
14 hours ago, Peace said:

Wait who were you before?