Pat Svoboda Discusses Riga’s Season

StamkosFan

Pat Svoboda spoke to the media about Riga’s season. “Riga is doing ok; 21 points in 21 games could be better, but at least we are fighting and not out of the playoff race. It’s early, we are not even a third of the way through the year so I am relatively optimistic that we can bounce back and turn things around. I want to have a great year and contribute night in and night out. I worked really hard too and had a blazing start the first ten or so games. Unfortunately I’ve cooled off a bit over these last few games. I’m not sure I’ll ever hit 70 points again but I’m just trying to be effective. I basically have half of the hits I had last year so at least I’m bringing a physical edge to my game and doing what I can every shift. Who knows, maybe at some point I’ll go on another hot streak. The goal is just to at least best my numbers from last season and maybe put myself back on the map as a VHL sniper. Riga is counting on me so I can’t let them down; every point counts,” said Pat Svoboda.