Elmebeck rookie profile [1/2]

Elmebeck

elmebeck.png.4e4ffc9a4c9cb2163e2724da8521f120.png

Fredrik Elmebeck, D
183 cm/6'0", 79 kg/174 lbs, age 18
Hometown: Ask, Östergötland, Sweden

Elmebeck is probably the best up and coming D prospect in VHLM entering S67 so far. The vocal youth has perhaps not impressed in points with only 11 points in 21 games, but has been second on Houston Bulls in both +/- and shots blocked, with "an eye for how to position himself" according to GM @FrostBeard.

As a Swedish product Elmebeck is extremely creative and with good skating for his age, but what stands out is his positioning defensively.

Skating: Fredrik's skating has improved a lot with the coaches in Houston, especially forward top speed and being more agile when skating backwards.

"I really want to get better too," he says, "watching players like @Elhandon and how he can move over the ice is so impressive and a goal of mine."

Creativity: "Growing up and playing in Sweden I think I got a lot from playing on a larger ice, you can really build up your eye for the ice. Sure, it's faster in North America, but I feel like what I learned on a bigger ice is even more applicable."

Elmebeck currently has most of his points, 9 out of 11, in assists and has increased almost 50% according to coaches, with more to follow.

Defensive: Great positioning is clear from having the best +/- record and most shots blocked by all Houston Bull defensivemen, trailing @banko and @fin_daddy in hits. 

@Dalton Wilcox reminices, "I made a really bad play, I could see @StaticShocked ahead of me and knew I had made a huge mistake with losing the puck. But as I looked behind me Elmebeck was there and saved the play. His positioning is second to none!""

Elmebeck has gotten a lot of flack for being a bit vocal, attacking teammates and opposition alike.

Fighting: "I never saw @BarzalGoat fight, so I don't know why that is levied at Fredrik", @Sixersfan549 said in an impromptu interview. And as hockey has lost a lot of the fighting element in recent years it's certainly true that Elmebeck would not be a a great leverage to put some energy into the team by fighting. @Peace went as far as calling the Swede "Coward."

Checking: Elmebeck is following the European mold of not being very physical, rather working with his feet and head. "We've been trying to work up his physique though," GM @FrostBeard offered, "I think he has to grow a bit more and be able to hit harder in order to play well here."

Puckhandling: While not bad the puckhandling, it does need work, and VHL teams looking to draft Elmebeck should probably keep an eye on his development there.

Elmebeck is one of the more impressive new players for S67, especially as a relatively balanced defensive player with a great drive to improve.

"He's a darling when he's not irritating you, and with such a massive talent that I am sure will just explode," @SweetMike666 added.

Fredrik Elmebeck is playing second line defence for Houston Bulls, 11 points in 21 games.

Edited by Elmebeck

Rookie card

elmebeck.png.bc4bcdc25c00076a7f76c4fd2fcc8b66.png

I really wish I still had Photoshop, I just don't want to battle with GIMP and Paint... so this is it for now.

Edited by Elmebeck

• 3 weeks later...