S68 Referendum: Unban boubabi

Higgins

S68 referendum public vote  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, tfong said:

Also pointing out that going back on a perma ban status will weaken staff rulings as a whole. Not really scaring people if they know they can come back in a year.

What this isn’t North Korea ? 

Fuck yes unban him. So me and him can go head to head. It should be my retirement gift from the league for fucking around all these years. Unban him and let us do battle since all of you seem to think he is worse than me. Then he will quit so you won't even need to ban him.

So my vote went for personal experiences solely as I wasn't around active enough to know what the hell happened to get him banned in the first place. I also voted before scrolling through this and I still haven't scrolled at the time of me writing this so if something happened that is utterly disgusting and people hate him, then retract my vote. 

But from a personal standpoint, boubai and I always got along, I don't PERSONALLY have a bad thing to say about him, he taught me a lot about gfxing in the time he and I were both active here, we chatted a lot, I was present for a lot of his graphic live tutorials and such, he was a cool guy to shoot the shit with, but nothing ever became vulgar, etc, it was just all in good fun and so on. 

So again, if people do have a serious issue with him I am not aware about, retract my vote and put it as no, but for now, I personally have never dealt with him in a bad way 

24 minutes ago, cody73 said:

I don't know who this person is, is anyone open to explain why they were banned and what case he has for being unbanned? JW..... not saying anyone has to. 

Im going to sum it up really quik, but I wasn't around when this happened: His player Franchise Cornerstone was a god in S59, and when he didn't get 100% of the Slobodzian voting, he was pissed. He went off on everyone. This happened again in a different thread, don't know which one. He was banned permanently, and commissioners had talked to him several times about his behavior and he just didn't listen. They unbanned him and gave him another chance, and he promptly started going off on people again and was perma banned. I'm pretty sure thats what happened but not 100%, correct me if I'm wrong

Honestly? I think it's annoying as hell that Higgins has made this his crusade.

Boubabi was an edgelord who multiple times said racist and inflammatory things for the sole purpose of getting a rise out of people. He made enemies of people with fights for no reason, continually escalating even when he made no sense. He made the boards a toxic place to be on a regular basis, and I would have seriously thought twice about coming back if he were still here.

Fuck that guy, I wish I could vote no twice.

2 hours ago, InstantRockstar said:

So my vote went for personal experiences solely as I wasn't around active enough to know what the hell happened to get him banned in the first place. I also voted before scrolling through this and I still haven't scrolled at the time of me writing this so if something happened that is utterly disgusting and people hate him, then retract my vote. 

But from a personal standpoint, boubai and I always got along, I don't PERSONALLY have a bad thing to say about him, he taught me a lot about gfxing in the time he and I were both active here, we chatted a lot, I was present for a lot of his graphic live tutorials and such, he was a cool guy to shoot the shit with, but nothing ever became vulgar, etc, it was just all in good fun and so on. 

So again, if people do have a serious issue with him I am not aware about, retract my vote and put it as no, but for now, I personally have never dealt with him in a bad way 

Pretty much the exact same. I have no idea what happened, I wasn't here during that time. Before that, I've never had any trouble with him on QC sim leagues or here, we were teammates in Toronto and I've never had any trouble then, either.

I was fairly new here around the time he got this ban. The way he ranted and complained about every single thing and attacked people nearly made me quit the league entirely.

He's had multiple permanent bans. That should be enough to show that he is not a benefit to have around.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Matt_O said:

Im going to sum it up really quik, but I wasn't around when this happened: His player Franchise Cornerstone was a god in S59, and when he didn't get 100% of the Slobodzian voting, he was pissed. He went off on everyone. This happened again in a different thread, don't know which one. He was banned permanently, and commissioners had talked to him several times about his behavior and he just didn't listen. They unbanned him and gave him another chance, and he promptly started going off on people again and was perma banned. I'm pretty sure thats what happened but not 100%, correct me if I'm wrong

Its a good simple version of the event itself i think which isn't totally inaccurate. I think the other reasons behind this were because as noted before BB can be a normal person, but at times he will go out of his way to attack people and his rant crusades when he felt wronged. He has had other bans as well as noted. So this wasn't an isolated incident.

I think i said this at his banning, i think we certainly lost something when he got banned, he was a very good GFXer and resource person when he was being nice, but he was also a giant douchebag when he felt wronged. In the end one has to make a decision whether it was worth it to have him here vs what he contributed. But just because you contribute to the community, if you knowingly use this to abuse the patience of admins, because you think you aren't touchable, then well I am in very much favour of getting such an individual.

He is very much like Penny in so fact I think they contribute to the community in many ways, but also in other ways they are bad for it. At the end of the day, if the admins are asking you to stop and play by their rules, then you should play by them or leave. This isn't a democracy or held to one by any means. The admins have a responsibility to govern this community to a certain vision, and if you aren't trying to ruin that vision then I really have no sympathy if they decide to try and ruin things and expect to be able to run around freely.

Edited by tfong

I'd have to say the league did lose a great member in terms of what he contributed but as mentioned above, his personal attacks of different magnitudes across the forums in a multitude of tirades just became too much to handle. A decision was made to ensure the VHL could prosper. When you have a member who is such a detriment to the community that you had people thinking of leaving or not wanting to come back because of a certain person, you deal with said person accordingly. Had he came back from the ban and leveled out, things would have been better and he would still probably be here to this day. I know first hand what it's like to get banned multiple times across many of leagues. I have sang the same song and dance many of times and I had to pay the price for my actions a plethora of times. I can proudly say that I served out my time the correct way and have reformed from how I used to be. Now I am not saying that he may not have changed but at some point you just have to draw a line and stick to that line remaining intact.

8 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Crying @ 45+ people voting no though. VHL filled with losers. 

Love you too. Its not just a No out of spite, but i prefer an environment where I come to have fun without people constantly fighting, arguing and taking that away. Its the same reason why im glad another guy is gone (without ban though) as it was just impossible to not get in an argument himself... 

But to call people losers based on a vote is even for you to easy...

I vote no, because he had plenty of chances. He doesn't need another chance. He had a ton of warnings, and then tried to game the system claiming things that he previously claimed, and also purposely made shitty graphics because he was mad at the things that were getting approved for 6 TPE.

Also that reason. He would be giving me hell for the things that get approved for 6 TPE these days. :lol: 

Just now, Green said:

Love you too. Its not just a No out of spite, but i prefer an environment where I come to have fun without people constantly fighting, arguing and taking that away. Its the same reason why im glad another guy is gone (without ban though) as it was just impossible to not get in an argument himself... 

But to call people losers based on a vote is even for you to easy...

I just tried to choose the least discriminatory word that came to mind. Anybody can be a loser, black/white/yellow/brown/straight/gay/trans/intellectually disabled/physicall disabled/etc.

#Inclusivity2019 

49 minutes ago, gorlab said:

I just tried to choose the least discriminatory word that came to mind. Anybody can be a loser, black/white/yellow/brown/straight/gay/trans/intellectually disabled/physicall disabled/etc.

#Inclusivity2019 

Props for that then.