S68 Referendum: Unban boubabi

Higgins

S68 referendum public vote  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Commissioner
33 minutes ago, Higgins said:

A brigade of people, consisting of people that butted heads with boubs and others, voted against him just to get a reaction not because they were voting for the award. It's always been a problem here with bias voting against or for a member over the player.

Went overboard in S59. Usually it's a vote or two.

You have absolutely no proof of that though. I’d wager a few of the DeGrath votes were that, more so once he started shouting at everyone. However you can’t say that no one had a valid vote if it wasn’t for Cornerstone. Whether or not he cared to admit it you’ll never get unanimous voting for the Slobo. I was butting heads with him plenty at the time and still voted for him as well so it’s not like he didn’t receive votes because of who he was.

In any case, the Slobo voting thread was not the only instance and you know it. It’s just a good one to showcase to people because most of his tirades are now hidden.

Also take note that he got suspended for carrying on the aggression in the Slobo thread and the minute the suspension ended he went back to it and continued. Remember that he had a significant lead in the voting the entire time; it wasn't like he wasn't going to get that award. I'm not going to pretend that there weren't some people who were obviously baiting/trolling him, but the whole thing was a headache and we're better off without that kind of hostility around here.

20 minutes ago, Beketov said:

You have absolutely no proof of that though. I’d wager a few of the DeGrath votes were that, more so once he started shouting at everyone. However you can’t say that no one had a valid vote if it wasn’t for Cornerstone. Whether or not he cared to admit it you’ll never get unanimous voting for the Slobo. I was butting heads with him plenty at the time and still voted for him as well so it’s not like he didn’t receive votes because of who he was.

In any case, the Slobo voting thread was not the only instance and you know it. It’s just a good one to showcase to people because most of his tirades are now hidden.

yes i can

s6iFl8R.png

1 hour ago, tfong said:

So my question is thus, if you can control it in real life, then why can you not control it online? The answer is actually a double edged sword.

a) You can control being a jerk, you just choose not to. This means internally you choose to be a jerk to other people in this (online) community, therefore in my mind you're just a pretender/fake personality and I'd judge you as thus (a jerk).

b) You can't control and you're both a jerk in real life and online. Well then it just confirms to me you're a jerk.

The a) person can hide being a jerk in real life, but it just means when there are no societal restraints (ie anonymity online) it just means they are really jerks at their core. Still makes them terrible people. That being said, if he can be the a) type person, its fine, he can survive in the real world. But that still makes them a jerk and i will treat them as thus anyways.

All this subscribes to my theory that humans are born as jerks, and only individuals that put in effort can be good people.

I don’t need to read past your first point. No different than the fact that people will be assholes to individuals over the phone and not in person. It’s cause and effect, The individuals have little or no recourse in these situations 

Edited by Smarch

• Head Moderator
3 minutes ago, Smarch said:

I don’t need to read past your first point. No different than the fact that people will be assholes to individuals over the phone and not in person. It’s cause and effect, The individuals have little or no recourse in these situations 

Right, but at the end of the day, which personality do you associate them with then? Or are they separate for you?

4 hours ago, tfong said:

Right, but at the end of the day, which personality do you associate them with then? Or are they separate for you?

Sorry I meant to say I didn’t read past your first point not that I don’t need to. I see your point on both a and b, I could make a argument about both but don’t want to reignite this thread after it’s died down. Anyways my main point was your can’t assume that either attitude will carry over to other aspects of life. 

Also so while I don’t agree with the tone Boubs took, the message wasn’t the issue.

Edited by Smarch

6 hours ago, Higgins said:

yes i can

s6iFl8R.png

I dont disagree that voting shouldnt have been based on personality but that's the nature of a public vote.  There were biased votes every year for Slobo.

The way I see it..if people are voting against you cause of your personality...maybe fix the thing that's pissing people off.  People like Kesler and Trifecta used to piss everyone off.  Now they are more mature and better members when around. Instead of pointing fingers at others...

Also let's be real...that's one incident of about 1000.  He instigated his fair share (let's not forget him supporting punkhippies comments about Kendricks girls miscarriage).

Edited by Advantage

7 hours ago, Higgins said:

<images>

atleast you highlighted the person I was mentioning earlier that I was happy about that he wasn't here anymore. He was definitely part of the problem.

3 hours ago, Green said:

atleast you highlighted the person I was mentioning earlier that I was happy about that he wasn't here anymore. He was definitely part of the problem.

Theres more I just didn’t feel like dragging them into this conversation

• Commissioner
11 hours ago, Higgins said:

yes i can

s6iFl8R.png

Yes, that proves, as I said, that SOME votes were BS. I never denied there were some votes designed to troll him. Just as some of the yes votes in here are doing it for the memes. That doesn’t mean, as I said, that every single non-Cornerstone vote was made because people wanted to piss off Boubabi.

And again, the Slobo vote was 1 instance out of 1000 anyway. We didn’t look at that 1 thread and give him 5 suspensions over it. It’s used as an example, not the only instance. I stated the entire time everything was going down that even if his points were valid, which sometimes they were, it’s the way he was voicing them that was the issue. I don’t care if people complain, people complain all the time. However you can’t immediately jump over the line and start personal pissing matches with everyone that crosses your path because you disagree with something.

• Beketov unfeatured this topic
  • Head Moderator
14 hours ago, Smarch said:

Sorry I meant to say I didn’t read past your first point not that I don’t need to. I see your point on both a and b, I could make a argument about both but don’t want to reignite this thread after it’s died down. Anyways my main point was your can’t assume that either attitude will carry over to other aspects of life. 

Also so while I don’t agree with the tone Boubs took, the message wasn’t the issue.

I mean I literally asked him one time if he acts this way in person and he said yes so I'm not making any assumptions. Though he could have been saying it just because we were having a dispute though. *shrug* But we could always take this elsewhere, at this point its more philosophical to me our viewpoints than BB which i clearly stated my earlier stance on earlier anyways. 

12 hours ago, gorlab said:

tfong are you the personality police?

Yes. If you ever feel bored, just ping me and we can have a philosophical discussion in disc about almost any view which for the most part I have are different than current societal norms. Not that I don't conform to them though to avoid problems for the current time.

Edited by tfong

21 hours ago, Higgins said:

yes i can

s6iFl8R.png

I mean, I'm sure he's here under a multi again... But we all know that Kendrick was a total dick too. I didn't even know that he wasn't permabanned as well and actually left on his own, I just assumed that he was because all he did was pick fights with EVERYBODY.

That doesn't cancel out what Boubabi did and what Boubabi did doesn't make Kendrick any less of a dick either. 

Edited by Kyle

17 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I mean, I'm sure he's here under a multi again... But we all know that Kendrick was a total dick too. I didn't even know that he wasn't permabanned as well and actually left on his own, I just assumed that he was because all he did was pick fights with EVERYBODY.

That doesn't cancel out what Boubabi did and what Boubabi did doesn't make Kendrick any less of a dick either. 

I'm Kendrick. i disapprove of this

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Kyle said:

He is here though alias =/= multi. He only has one account and has been perfectly content to keep a low profile so that’s fine with me.

Edit: a clarification for good measure that I mean Kendrick not Boub.

• Senior Admin
5 hours ago, tfong said:

I mean I literally asked him one time if he acts this way in person and he said yes so I'm not making any assumptions. Though he could have been saying it just because we were having a dispute though. *shrug* But we could always take this elsewhere, at this point its more philosophical to me our viewpoints than BB which i clearly stated my earlier stance on earlier anyways. 

idk man i always kinda felt the loudest people on the interwebs were likely the quietest people in RL..

8 minutes ago, Will said:

idk man i always kinda felt the loudest people on the interwebs were likely the quietest people in RL..

What does that say about you

interested GIF by Nick Cannon

On 8/5/2019 at 6:56 AM, Higgins said:

I know you wrote this for the likes but after looking around I found out the main difference 

~30 people used to claim welfare/pension

now

~100 people claim welfare/pension or get full TPE for doing articles on other sites/leagues.

tbf boubabi attacked anyone who supported the affiliate TPE program in the announcement thread

3 hours ago, Beketov said:

He is here though alias =/= multi. He only has one account and has been perfectly content to keep a low profile so that’s fine with me.

Edit: a clarification for good measure that I mean Kendrick not Boub.

Just gotta look for the player name that starts with a K, then look at all them and see who hasn’t missed TPE.. not that low profile lol

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, STZ said:

Just gotta look for the player name that starts with a K, then look at all them and see who hasn’t missed TPE.. not that low profile lol

I can say with certainty those criteria will not work.