S68 Referendum: Unban boubabi

Higgins

S68 referendum public vote  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Commissioner
10 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

Who says Boubabi doesn’t have an alias?

If he does he’s keeping an amazingly low profile which for him seemed rather impossible. Obviously I don’t endorse people skirting bans but him as a person was never the issue, the way he behaved was. So if being under an alias is keeping him in line I’m not going on a witch hunt.

With that said my hunch says no.

• Commissioner
On 8/7/2019 at 8:03 PM, Higgins said:

If Kendrick is allowed a alias

Boubabi should be allowed one too ?

Kendrick was never banned, he left on his own. It’s not the same situation and you know it.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

Kendrick was never banned, he left on his own. It’s not the same situation and you know it.

He SHOULD be banned. He was driving down the same lane as boubabi

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

He SHOULD be banned. He was driving down the same lane as boubabi

Perhaps but he never got nearly as far down the road. He got to the point where there were official warnings and was on the path to suspensions but never got there.

On 8/4/2019 at 6:23 PM, Devise said:

As someone who was Blue at the time and was responsible for baning him the first time I also voted no. 

I conceded to the arguments behind the scenes when he was given the second chance months after, and there have been years of my life where I genuinely considered Boubabi a friend. But when we as Blue even after all of the drama all privately talked with him and tried to get a final comeback, his "re-interview" message to us was my final nail in the coffin. 

I happen to agree with you @Higgins that there was times it crossed the line on multiple sides and Boubabi had reason initially to think he wasn't given a fair shake. But other than Kendrick, the rest of us, especially in Blue/former at the time totally acknowledged that and tried very hard to make amends. 

I don't want to hear any bullshit about how this is some PC controlled forum. Just because we ask for a bit more decorum that 4chan doesn't mean we are this beacon of censorship. It was the personal harassment that ultimately pushed Boubabi over the edge. I know you admit he crossed the line then, and I can appreciate your push to see a sentence served, with a chance at redemption. I just don't feel that it's something the league should explore and ultimately unless something has changed it seems it would be short lived anyway, as despite our lax tolerance levels, we were apparently too harsh for his commenting standards.

PG? Also Boubabi was a dub and a half this is like banning Gretzky.

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, Walter Fizz said:

PG? Also Boubabi was a dub and a half this is like banning Gretzky.

Having a good player doesn’t give you free reign to do and say whatever you want unfortunately, that’s not how the league works.