S68 Referendum: Unban boubabi

Higgins

S68 referendum public vote  

134 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Head Moderator
3 hours ago, Higgins said:

To add to this:

Wills work on the portal is a big reason for more members and as needed more teams. Being able to have an organized site for stats, players, seasons, etc.

Its made player updates easier to understand and simming at least 10x easier than the ways it was not even 2 years ago.

—-

Its post like Victors that make it seem boubabi being banned made the league grow and causes new members to have a negative opinion formed.

My pivotal question is actually.

a) Does BB even want to come back?

b) Is he going to play by the rules?

As said before I don't mind him and he does contribute. Its just when hes a douche, hes really a douche. When i look at it pro/con wise I'm willing to accept not having to reverse that ban because I think it just makes the admins look bad for being forgiving and I as seen here, we can live without having a BB here quite well.

So before we even want to dive into all this nonsense does he even care to be around here? If he does is then i'd ask him if he cared to be here then why doesn't he just "don't be a dick". I mean its amazing how hard people can't seem to comprehend or know how to "not be a dick".

imagine thinking you're justified in denying another human being, who you've never actually met or interacted with, access to a game/online community that they contributed massively to building/maintaining.

Maybe sim leagues aren't as PC as I thought...

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, gorlab said:

imagine thinking you're justified in denying another human being, who you've never actually met or interacted with, access to a game/online community that they contributed massively to building/maintaining.

Maybe sim leagues aren't as PC as I thought...

That’s kinda how the world operates, hate to burst your bubble. If you break society’s rules you lose certain privileges. He acted against our rules and has lost the privilege.

1 minute ago, Beketov said:

He acted against our rules and has lost the privilege.

"our" rules = the rules selectively applied by a  small number of people who find themselves in the position of commish/HO/etc who usually have the inflated ego / god complex to go with it. 

23 minutes ago, gorlab said:

"our" rules = the rules selectively applied by a  small number of people who find themselves in the position of commish/HO/etc who usually have the inflated ego / god complex to go with it. 

✅ 

With all that being said, I obviously can't argue the result of this public poll, nor am I trying to incite any anti-VHL BoD/Commish sentiment. I am not trying to antagonize anyone or start a fight. I am simply posting my personal opinion on the matter, which imo is the intended use of an internet message board. 

• Head Moderator
29 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Said rules being applied by said egomaniacs also have resulted in the growth of this league so I don't have any issue with current said god leaders. I don't see it as a bad thing that it's not a democracy.

• Head Moderator

Obviously if the rules or leadership was poor, we would see the community shrink or be hurting. It'll balance itself out imo. But is is fairly important in my books to respect the rules set in place by current leadership, if not nobody is forcing you to stay.

Same thing with why I'm leaving one of my current hockey teams. I don't agree with the leadership but that doesn't give me the right to stay and cause drama.

14 minutes ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Why, is Boub asking for a third chance?

If you guys' so decide to bring him back once he crosses the line ever so slightly...perma ban and delete any and all things Boub here.

Do you have any advice for someone who shits their pants?

I think people voting to let him come back don't really know everything that he did.

At the same time, if people want him back, then it's whatever to me. I'll even play with him on my team. I don't really care about who's who in sim leagues, because I'll play with anyone.

Although, I feel like if he came back, he would immediately try to treat it as a joke like he did before he was banned.

32 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

I think people voting to let him come back don't really know everything that he did.

At the same time, if people want him back, then it's whatever to me. I'll even play with him on my team. I don't really care about who's who in sim leagues, because I'll play with anyone.

Although, I feel like if he came back, he would immediately try to treat it as a joke like he did before he was banned.

Then he'll get banned again -- not like it takes 2-3 hours of excruciating pain to press the ban hammer.

Give him a "7 day tryout" tell him you do dumb shit and you're back to being banned. Follow that up w 2 weeks. Go from there. 

• Head Moderator
55 minutes ago, Sixersfan549 said:

Then he'll get banned again -- not like it takes 2-3 hours of excruciating pain to press the ban hammer.

Give him a "7 day tryout" tell him you do dumb shit and you're back to being banned. Follow that up w 2 weeks. Go from there. 

I mean we went through this process before, literally like before his perma ban. I don't know if you guys realize howmany times hes been banned or punished lol. The perma ban was finally admin drawing a line lol.

Edited by tfong

7 minutes ago, tfong said:

I mean we went through this process before, literally like before his perma ban. I don't know if you guys realize howmany times hes been banned or punished lol. The perma ban was finally admin drawing a line lol.

I remember him from like S30-35 iirc

• Commissioner
6 hours ago, Exlaxchronicles said:

Why, is Boub asking for a third chance?

If you guys' so decide to bring him back once he crosses the line ever so slightly...perma ban and delete any and all things Boub here.

That was exactly the criteria he was given last time he came back. After his first perma-Ban was lifted he received another suspension of like a day or something, I don’t recall the length. We told him in no uncertain terms that we were done dealing with his antics. He was being given a single chance and if he stepped out of line again there would be no more chances. I can dig around and find the actual terms we laid down if you’d like.