Downey Makes Opinion on WJC ‘Snub’ Clear

JeffD

Downey Makes Opinion on WJC ‘Snub’ Clear

Houston, TX – Jeff Downey is one of the top prospects in the upcoming VHL Entry Draft and since being traded to the Houston Bulls he has really started to shine. In 10 games since the trade he has put up 3 goals and 5 assists well outpacing what he was doing while he played for the Mississauga Hounds.

This past week team Canada held their camp for the upcoming World Junior Championships and while he was a favourite to make the team coming in, Downey’s name didn’t make the list on the final day.

‘All I can really say is that I am disappointed. I left it all on the ice for that camp and I feel like it wasn’t appreciated by the general manager. I feel like he just looked at my stats while I was playing for the Hounds and didn’t pay enough attention to how I’ve been playing since I was traded or how I was looking on the ice at camp. I thought for sure I was a top four guy on defense out there. I guess the people above me saw it differently.’

Downey stopped short of slagging any particular players that attended the camp but it is very clear that he is not happy about missing what could be his only shot at playing in the World Juniors.