Las Vegas Trade Deadline Review

Matt_O

This was a wild trade deadline for me, capped off by me frantically messaging GMs if they wanted a player since I forgot the deadline was six instead of seven and had played nhl 19 for 45 minutes before that. Anyhow lets look at all the trades I made.

Mississauga gets Lukas Schweitzer, Vegas gets fourth round pick

This one hurt me. At the draft I traded up pretty substantially to get Schweitzer, for a few reasons. For one, he was a re-create, and I also heard that he was very active in the Hounds discord. He also was a goalie, and that was a position without many players in that draft. So when I moved up to draft him, I was expecting that he would be on the team this year and I would keep his rights for S68 so I didn't need to draft another goalie. While my thought process seemed fine, Schweitzer is now inactive. Perhaps sending him to the Hounds will reignite him.

Minnesota gets Virgil Ligriv, S69 LVA 4th, Vegas gets Justin Cole, Raphael Nazarians

Ligriv was the goalie last year, but wasn't picked in the draft and was one of my FA's. Before the draft I messaged him to see if he would continue to earn tpe or if he was inactive, and he said he could do the bare minimum. He has done more than the bare minimum in his time back, and this trade was mainly so he can play on a contender. Cole is inactive but still at 170 tpe. Nazarians was added for the fourth, and I initially hoped that I could flip him to another team for a third, or a fourth + another late pick. No one wanted him, but it's ok. Vegas may actually make the playoffs now so maybe this was a blessing in disguise.

San Diego gets Mike Van Stronk, Vegas gets S69 SDM 4th and S69 SDM 6th.

Van Stronk is a returning member and was one of my waiver pickups. So getting some picks was nice. He also got to play for a playoff team, so this was mainly done so he can play for a good team and I can get some picks.

Houston receives Charles Drumm, Vegas gets S68 SSK 3rd

I 100% could have done better. I know Drumm is worth at least a second rounder, maybe even a late first rounder. But I got a very early third rounder for him. No one was interested in giving up more than a third for Drumm, so I had to take the L on this. It could have been worse though.

I think this was over 500 words but I can't claim a PT since I retired and unretired. So +2 for my player when he gets unretired, whenever quik gets around to that

13 minutes ago, Matt_O said:

Houston receives Charles Drumm, Vegas gets S68 SSK 3rd

I 100% could have done better. I know Drumm is worth at least a second rounder, maybe even a late first rounder. But I got a very early third rounder for him. No one was interested in giving up more than a third for Drumm, so I had to take the L on this. It could have been worse though.

Beat you to it with the Downey trade. ?