Revisiting my Offseason hot takes

VanCanWin

See link for original article.

https://vhlforum.com/topic/65273-hot-takes-with-van/

With the season unfolding well past the half way point and the contenders and pretenders have been all but sorted out, I bring you with me to revisit my hot takes from this past off season.

Hot take #1

Of the 8 picks Seattle will make, only 2 of the players drafted will still be on the team when they win again... in S68.

Not looking so hot on this one as they haven’t traded any of these players yet.  That said, they could be real contenders if they did though that probably wouldn’t be the smart play for the long run. 

Hot take

Not only will Nykonax fail to turn Mexico City around, but Mexico will finish DEAD LAST next season.  The locker room will be a mess with all the losing and Nykonax will be forced to trade whatever he has of value at the deadline

I couldn’t have been more spot on here. Mexico is indeed dead last and nothing says they will improve. I believe they have exactly ZERO active players. A mess. Pretty sure people will be calling for GM Nyko’s head soon.

Hot take

Lincoln Tate is only the 15th ranked prospect heading into the draft but clearly is better than that. Lincoln should be the number one pick on draft night! In 5 seasons, when a redraft media spot is published, Lincoln will be listed at number 1. There is a future spot reserved for Lincoln Tate in the Hall-of-Fame.

We all know how this one went. A shock to most of the world, Lincoln indeed was selected first overall. Lincoln has struggled a bit on the ice this season but is still earning like a champ and will be a star shortly, worthy of his selection.

To wrap, I am 2 for 3 with my hot takes with still a chance to go 3 for 3 (albeit slight chance as it looks now).

322 words.

7 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

Word on the street is that he tied bana to a chair and Fortnite danced for 10 hours straight in front of him.

@Nykonax confirm

i cannot confirm or deny. also I have 2 active players and I'm rebuilding