MUMBAI MUMBAI MUMBAI MUMBAI MUMBAI MUMBAI

Dil

Hi, it's that time of the week again. I am back to write a mere 150 words for some tpe.

This weeks topic is expansion.

Now, the league is expanding and we are all wondering WHERE it will happen. I really hope that we expand to Mumbai. And let me tell you why:

Mumbai alone has a population of 18.41 MILLION PEOPLE. This is approximately 1653 TIMES the population of DAVOS. You can make the argument that "DaVoS Is A HoCKeY ToWN" BUT, Davos' Valliant Arena only holds 7,080 people. This means, to sell out the arena, about 63.5% of the population of the city needs to show up. ;-;. In Mumbai, there are dozens of arenas, and many of them can space more than 10,000 people. This isn't that bad, but many of them are cricket stadiums that can be renovated to accommodate a ton more seats as a hockey rink doesn't need as much space as cricket. Not to mention, Indians are very passionate about sports and would love to see a foreign sport in India, and It'll become a fan favorite in no time. India as a whole has a population of 1.3 BILLION PEOPLE, and you can expect people to come from all across the country to see this sport that we all love.

2 Capped TPE

+ 1 Uncapped TPE theme week

+ 1 Uncapped for completing BOTH theme week tasks

+ 4 Uncapped TPE for VHL.com article upgrade package

= 8 tpe

As Russel Peters once said: I'm not calling them Mumbai when they waited 50 years to make sure Britain didn't come back before changing the name, it'll forever be Bombay to me.

3 minutes ago, Quik said:

As Russel Peters once said: I'm not calling them Mumbai when they waited 50 years to make sure Britain didn't come back before changing the name, it'll forever be Bombay to me.

ISTANBUL WAS CONSTANTINOPLE NOW IT'S ISTANBUL NOT CONSTANTINOPLE BEEN LONG TIME Gone Constantinople now it's turkish delight on a moonlit night

35 minutes ago, GustavMattias said:

ISTANBUL WAS CONSTANTINOPLE NOW IT'S ISTANBUL NOT CONSTANTINOPLE BEEN LONG TIME Gone Constantinople now it's turkish delight on a moonlit night

Team is going to be in Tell el-Muqayyar in Iraq, based solely on the fact that it's the "city" that is now located on what was once the peak of civilization: Ur.

Given the increase in discussions of Ur in modern society (although it is strange how many people talk about the great city of Ur as though it were the word "your") it's only fitting that we put in a team to represent Ur's rise in popularity in recent times.