Davos expansion projections

Bayley

Image result for expansion

There are going to be 2 teams joining the VHL by the way of expansion. I will talk about some ideas for locations in my other article, but this one will look at what Davos will look like after the expansion is over. The last expansion allowed 7 players to be protected + a GM player, so let's take a look at whom I would protect:

(S67) C - Aston Martin (TPE: 393, 9th in Draft Class)

(S67) RW - Bjorn Scoringsonn (TPE: 388, 12th in Draft Class)

(S66) D - Charlie Paddywagon (TPE: 537, 6th in Draft Class)

(S64) C - John Madden (TPE: 779, 7th in Draft Class)

(S65) RW - Katie Warren (GM Player) (TPE: 585, 3rd in Draft Class)

(S65) D - Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen (TPE: 750, 1st in Draft Class)

(S67) C - Dan Gles (TPE: 307, 21st in Draft Class)

(S62) RW - Jake Davis (TPE: 992, 3rd in Draft Class)

Well, those are the players that I would protect. It was tough to pick the last two as I was between Konstantin Mulligan, Ryuu Crimson, and Finn Davison, but I ended up going with Dan Gles just because he is a recent draftee taken in the Season 67 draft. I think he was a great pick, so I want to keep him. Then, I think Jake Davis is just such a great member of the community with an impact player. It would absolutely suck to lose both Mulligan and Crimson, but I think those decisions had to be made. Mulligan is also a FA, so that is why I ended up choosing him instead. 

Well, that means we are looking at some really nice guys that will be hitting the expansion draft:

(S62) LW - Ryuu Crimson (TPE: 806, 5th in Draft Class)

(S61) D - Alvaro Jokinen (TPE: 440, 10th in Draft Class)

(S64) G - Finn Davison (TPE: 771, 8th in Draft Class)

(S65) G - Pekka Pouta (TPE: 357, 14th in Draft Class)

The Dynamo ended up taking Wrike Chyrnoble in the Season 67 Draft, so likely they would be left with either Wrike or Pouta in the net for the next upcoming season. I think Finn being a Season 64 player really would make him expendable as he is getting up there in age. Look at the players that would be available. These are great players that Davos would definitely miss. I would definitely expect that the expansion teams would take at least 3 of these guys off the Dynamo for the upcoming season. That makes a really important question, what does Shawn do? Does he look to make moves to get pieces rather than losing them for nothing? Does he take the chance of not having a goalie? I think there are some big decisions to be made, I am definitely interested to see what he does, but that is probably what I would do. 

Well, who would you take? I am definitely interested to see who people would protect and take from Davos. Let me hear some thoughts and comments. 

Words: 512

I figured Finn only has a couple seasons left probably. He's in his 5th season. You could give Pouta or Chyrnobile some starts. It depends if Davos is going rebuilding / win it. If they go a younger route, I could see Finn as unprotected. I have no idea what Shawn is doing, I am just guessing. 

1 minute ago, Poptart said:

I figured Finn only has a couple seasons left probably. He's in his 5th season. You could give Pouta or Chyrnobile some starts. It depends if Davos is going rebuilding / win it. If they go a younger route, I could see Finn as unprotected. I have no idea what Shawn is doing, I am just guessing. 

You're in your 4th season lol. You have one more season before the first bout of depreciation, and 4 seasons total remaining. Would be a pretty @ShawnGlade move to leave you unprotected ?

5 minutes ago, Poptart said:

doesn't even matter, younger/older route. Leaving Davison to an expansion draft would be close to a suicide for the team.

25 minutes ago, Quik said:

You're in your 4th season lol. You have one more season before the first bout of depreciation, and 4 seasons total remaining. Would be a pretty @ShawnGlade move to leave you unprotected ?

I keep thinking that the stats don't include my current year, I am dumb lol. 

This is one reason I hate expansion. I get that everyone has to go through it, but in my short GM tenure, this is my 3rd expansion draft where I have too many good/decent players, so I'm losing a nice asset for nothing. Fuck expansion

Nice writeup, made me realized how fucked I'm gonna be :(

• Admin
1 hour ago, ShawnGlade said:

This is one reason I hate expansion. I get that everyone has to go through it, but in my short GM tenure, this is my 3rd expansion draft where I have too many good/decent players, so I'm losing a nice asset for nothing. Fuck expansion

Nice writeup, made me realized how fucked I'm gonna be :(

Stop rebuilding then. :P