Who will the Wolves protect?

TheLastOlympian07

The Vancouver Wolves have done a great job building the roster the last two drafts. However, the GM will have to make some very tough decisions considering the team has 14 active players on the roster. Here is the Roster based on TPA:

(S61) Beau Louth - 1094 TPA

(S62) Rauno Palo - 933 TPA

(S62) Shawn Glade - 853 TPA

(S62) Ismond Kingfisher - 753 TPA

(S66) Julius Freeman - 675 TPA

(S64) Jagger Philliefan - 600 TPA

(S65) Denver Wolfe - 585 TPA

(S66) Shawnomir Jagr - 534 TPA

(S65) Gritty - 514 TPA

(S66) Hans Gruber - 491 TPA

(S66) Codrick Past - 431 TPA

(S67) Michael Gary Scott - 415 TPA

(S67) Greg Eagles - 405 TPA

(S66) Ben Hafkey - 298 TPA

Say you can only protect 8 players. Beau Louth is retiring so that is good for the cause. Palo and Glade will have 2 seasons left after this season is done so it is hard to think if Vancouver will protect them both. However, you can expect 1 to be protected. With a dearth of defenseman, I'm almost thinking Glade would be the one protected if the GM had to choose. Kingfisher will probably be gone after his subpar season plus a new youngster in the net. Freeman is an easy protect. Philliefan and Wolfe I think are also part of the core defenseman on the team. Jagr is another protect IMO. Gritty is a tough one, but I think the GM leaves him up for grabs as the younger higher earner Gryber and MGS get protected. Past and Hafkey round out the unprotected. This is just pure speculation on my part. I could be 100% wrong.