Martin on VHL Expansion News

Sullvino

VHL.com 

August 13, 2019 

Earlier this week, VHL league executives finalized plans to expand the league by two teams in Season 68. The team names, locations and expansion draft official rules are still in the process of being finalized, but this announcement is a historic moment in VHL History as it marks the most amount of teams in league history. Davos local news caught up with rookie centerman, Aston Martin, after practice to get his thoughts on what this means for the league and his team. 

"I heard the news yesterday just like everyone else and my first thought was one of excitement. The league has been injected with young talent over the past couple seasons and the rosters are getting packed. I think this expansion will allow more players to see an impact on a nightly basis, which is exciting for everyone around the league. We saw Malmo and Moscow as recent expansion teams, who have already built impressive rosters. I think Moscow now sits in second place in the league. I haven't heard anything about team name or location, but it should be fun to find out the two new teams."

"For our team, obviously it will be disappointing to lose a player or two in the expansion process. We've built a strong locker room and good relationships, but it is part of the business. We still have a lot to accomplish in the remaining eight regular season games so I dont want to look to far in advance"