Blades View on League Expansion

BladeMaiden

What Does Expansion Mean For The League? (Blade's Thoughts)

For a site that was in in a state of declining just a little over a year ago it can be said that management had done a lot to make that something of the past. @Beaviss and his recruitment and retention team have done a great job of funneling new members to the minors where active an enthusiastic GMs pick up these new members and teach them the VHLM ropes. From there in a short amount of time these guys enter the big show, or the real deal in most people mind.

I think expansion is a great time to look at what we have done well and consider what we can do better. I have some quik suggestions on what we should investigate as the league expands to ensure a quality user experience:

1.)    Team based awards:

Now I’m not suggesting we get rid of the usual league awards I am just suggesting that GMs recognize players for their hard work and what they contribute to the team.  Unfortunately, at this time the VHL and VHLM do not have a system that reward people for being active locker room members or someone that constantly contributes content to the site. These sorts of things are for sure what will help you get a VHL job but other than that recognition for these contributions has been lacking thus far.

2.)    Engaging members in team culture.

What is the story of the team they are on, who are our rivals and what is each players place on the team. World building is always something that the VHL had great potential for but never quite just got there. There isn’t even a role play section on our discord. I feel like the VHL could defiantly use some hyping up and needs some of the energy of the M injected into it.

3.)    More team to team interaction!

There isn’t a lot of back and forth on the game pages.  And much of what is there are generic copy paste bits for the VHL Lottery.  There use to be a time where players would get invested and have fun on these threads and to be honest to some extent it does still happen. I would like to see some back and forth between the GMs. Players having some friendly banter could also be fun, after all as I have been told  many time it is a sim league, what sim league doesn’t have a little trash talk.

Edited by BladeMaiden

2 hours ago, Philliefan said:

While we're spell-checking, you spelled definitely "defiantly" :)
And grammar wasn't the best :D 

come on eye roll GIF

I love the fact that ppl are assuming l actually wanted to talk about league expansion. In my regular writing I don’t bother to check for spelling or grammar why would this be an exception?