VHL Board of Governors News

Baozi

• Will locked and pinned this topic
  • Will pinned this topic
57 minutes ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I'd be very curious to see the discussion on player archetypes. I go back and forth on whether they are a good idea or not

It will not integrate nicely into this league I can guarantee you that, it is decent in EFL but that works because of a large position base and providing alternatives in building players that make sense. with three positions and zero variation it just locks people into not being able to do what they want.

• Head Moderator
4 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

I'd be very curious to see the discussion on player archetypes. I go back and forth on whether they are a good idea or not

Ultimately I believe the general negative is that it doesn't allow people freedom of builds. It does however make players more specialized and it weakens people that have massive amounts of TPE that can spend in all categories. Does not seem to be favorable going forward in the current discussion.

17 hours ago, tfong said:

Your source on issues being discussed in the BOG.

For further inquiry please contact @Public Liaison 

I see the words LOTTERY ABUSE

IT COULD HAPPEN PEOPLE

#fixthelottery

• Commissioner
2 hours ago, GustavMattias said:

I see the words LOTTERY ABUSE

IT COULD HAPPEN PEOPLE

#fixthelottery

It's being discussed right now about potentially moving it to the portal and still being activity based but based on something other than game posts. Won't give more details right now.

3 hours ago, okocha5 said:

If "spammy" actives around the forum is a detriment to the lottery, maybe the lottery should be revamped instead of calling users abusers. Looking forward to hearing on this.

I think that's more or less the point. Don't punish the 'abusers', fix the system so it can't be abused.

1 hour ago, Beketov said:

It's being discussed right now about potentially moving it to the portal and still being activity based but based on something other than game posts. Won't give more details right now.

Base it on updates. Each capped tpe for a week gives you a ticket. Limit it to 12 per account so gms dont have double tickets as beaviss wins too much already.

11 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

10 hours ago, Bushito said:

It will not integrate nicely into this league I can guarantee you that, it is decent in EFL but that works because of a large position base and providing alternatives in building players that make sense. with three positions and zero variation it just locks people into not being able to do what they want.

FWIW, the discussion was focused on different update scales for strengths/weaknesses, with a different neutral scale than the current scale as well, vs. attribute caps (and varying starting points) like the EFL.

5 minutes ago, Quik said:

FWIW, the discussion was focused on different update scales for strengths/weaknesses, with a different neutral scale than the current scale as well, vs. attribute caps (and varying starting points) like the EFL.

slow and fast scales could be interesting, it would fit in better than adding caps to players with some stats at 90+ already

1 hour ago, Quik said:

That would be the best way I think. 

• Head Moderator
4 hours ago, Beketov said:

Just a heads up Fong, this google sheets window doesn't embed properly on mobile, at least not on iOS. Looks fine on a desktop mind you.

@Will

Can we look into this?

Also @Beketov Do you and @Quik Want a column for your own commenting?

Edited by tfong

• Senior Admin
1 minute ago, tfong said:

@Will

Can we look into this?

I'm not really sure much I can do, only way to embed is an iframe only way to make an iframe responsive is with CSS which I can't do in a post

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

Can we wheel of fortune it instead.

7 hours ago, Beketov said:

Just a heads up Fong, this google sheets window doesn't embed properly on mobile, at least not on iOS. Looks fine on a desktop mind you.

I’m only just looking at it on my phone now,  it it embeds fine for me. Only issue is it’s wider than the rest of the page, so I can zoom out on mobile view and the comments at half the width as usual. 

• Commissioner
19 minutes ago, Quik said:

I’m only just looking at it on my phone now,  it it embeds fine for me. Only issue is it’s wider than the rest of the page, so I can zoom out on mobile view and the comments at half the width as usual. 

iOS or Android? Maybe it’s just me but the bottom row that lists pages (so just says BOG in this) is up higher than it should be and is completely covering row 3.

2 hours ago, Beketov said:

iOS or Android? Maybe it’s just me but the bottom row that lists pages (so just says BOG in this) is up higher than it should be and is completely covering row 3.

iOS

• 1 month later...