Remove the Text from the Official Hounds Logo

Gustav

Oyez! I'm back in the thread with something else fairly unimportant, but it's something I'd like to annoy the BOG about anyway...

Early on last season, one of our graphics guys, @No_Dangles, posted this logo in the Hounds locker room:

Hounds_No_Text.png

As you can see, this is just the existing Hounds logo, just without the text. We agreed, just about unanimously, that this logo was superior to our existing one (throwing it in here for reference, with apologies for the image size):

Asset 6@3x.png

The logo without text also made its way into a sig or two, where we can see its placement on a hockey jersey and compare it to that of the logo with text:

bannerF.jpg

Untitled-1.png

Hockey_Card_Faded_Final.jpg

blockbuster.png

...and here are, surprisingly, the only graphics I can find that include the logo with text (both, unfortunately and ironically, made by me and not that great)...

hanley.png

hIpoQoQ.png&key=8edc602667e5256d4e05a998

I don't hate our existing logo. In fact, I'm fine with it. I just feel that, without text, it's a good deal better-looking, and if that's the case, then why not make it official?

Edited by GustavMattias
I can't grammar today

• Commissioner

All I have to say is that while it looks better, it needs to be edited to make a proper circle. Bottom right side is slimmer to accommodate the tail like thing coming out of the name. 

• Commissioner
1 minute ago, Josh said:

All I have to say is that while it looks better, it needs to be edited to make a proper circle. Bottom right side is slimmer to accommodate the tail like thing coming out of the name. 

We’ve got a textless version already actually. Most of the logos we buy come with textless versions. That’s how the hounds emoticon doesn’t have text. :mis: