Playoffs, draft and expansion draft. Oh My!

Elmebeck

As the playoffs have started, time is soon nigh for the announcement of the expansion teams, and also for the Season 68 draft. Top runners are @Green, @CowboyinAmerica, @Ace, @jack and @JeffD, with @Sixersfan549 just trailing, according to the latest update on the 18th, with top goalie being @.sniffuM.

Condor Adrienne @Green, with Philadelphia Reapers, the predicted first pick, said he was considering sitting out any contract negotiations as he'd rather be with one of the expansion teams, when asked if that was that because then he "would be out of the spotlight?" he answered, "It's not that, it's I rather would have more high people around me, making it easier to get to a destination I want to end up (read: expansion team) Rather not cause drama at the draft time, but afraid I don't have much choice."

Adrienne-Sig.png&key=0ad590276d67025efc9
Condor Adrienne playing some other sport than hockey, while pinching his nipples erotically.

Fredrik Elmebeck @Elmebeck, with Houston Bulls, when asked where he wanted to go and at what place he would be drafted answered, "I would be very happy to be in the top 20, but I do expect to hit a level that is appropriate for the VHL rather than staying in the VHLM for one more season. My favorite destination would be New York, but if Västerås gets their franchise back I would rate that very highly. As long as I don't get drafted to Malmö, I don't want to learn a new language."

elmebeck.png.4e4ffc9a4c9cb2163e2724da8521f120.png
Fredrik Elmebeck rookie card, implies that he knows Russian and Switzerdeutsch better than the local southern Swedish dialect in Malmö.

Meanwhile Danny Trejo has backed down on his franchise bid, "They won't talk to me, this whole process seems politicized and I won't waste anymore time or money trying to pursue it. But please do check out or range of Indian Pale Ale and Sarsaparilla products. Just look for Treparilla and TrIPA on the shelves, or ask you local shop to order it in."

danny-trejo-baby.jpeg
Danny Trejo abandons hope to get a franchise spot for Amarillo.

Looking at the league as a whole Canada have three teams, USA two teams and Europe five, so a lot of people are calling for more Canadian and US teams for the expansion, or even one more Scandinavian team with the soaring number of players from there.

Another burning question for the GM's is the expansion draft. We saw in other leagues how for example the NHL, that an expansion team basically stole from the current teams. With two expansion teams, will that still be the case in VHL? And who do you protect? @diamond_ace says "The GM-goalie trend has gone by the wayside, which I largely consider to be a good change, because it means other players can create goalies. There have been plenty of great members to create goalies who have made a large impact on the league." and also asks

"Let's say, hypothetically, that 7 players are protected. If your 8th guy is a 250 tpe guy in his 2nd season, not perfectly active but still pretty heavily active and definitely not a guy you want to lose, and your 9th guy is a 500 tpe guy in his 7th season that is depreciated down to only 370 or so of those TPE being used and went inactive 2 seasons ago: I obviously want the first guy".

en8bN05.jpg&key=a3273c0d4d9ed63910519d09
Lawson pitching in.

It will definitely be interesting to see how the expansion draft pans out, and hopefully a spectacle. Very interesting times ahead. Blazing playoffs, followed by the season 68 draft, and then an expansion draft. Good times.

gettyimages-1027117402.jpg?quality=90&st
Commissioners are crazy happy. Oh My!

Edit: I didn't realize the Europe and North America teams were separated in "conferences" for the playoffs.

Edited by Elmebeck

Not sure if my part was worded correctly, the more high people around me was meant for the top of the draft rankings.

It is correct though that I want to end up on the expansion teams, you dont have a chance to be on a franchise for their first year much, so with expansion happening this year I have set my mind on it so badly, that I rather not end up on the other 10 teams. This also feels like a once in a simlife opportunity to have an expansion in your exact draft year that I don't mind that we won't win in a few years (i know fong will be happy about this as he can increase his lead further) , but the ability to be on a franchise and grow alongside it, is something I dont want to pass on.

So yeah, Adrienne might hold out to get what he wants, so my advice to the gm's would be to other trade the pick away or pass up on me and go with someone who will actually want to play for you :)