Ottawa's Season

Acydburn

• Commissioner

Ottawa season 67 review

This was my first season as Ottawa’s GM, I just wanted to tank all of the players on the team for a great season. We pulled off something that a lot of people doubted we could do when the season started, having a .500 team. We accomplished this goal and then some, ending the season as the number 1 seed on the season. This wouldn’t have been possibly without the help of:

Aamon Grim @aCrypticPancake

Anthony Amberback @Oost

Anthony Hawk @ahawk2191

Beau Bennett @Datools

Cameron Eastwood @CammyM

Cody Parkey @SaltyTalty

Finnegan MacBurn @DizzyWithLogic

Hiroshi Okada @enigmatic

Hunter Wagner @Inf1d3l

Jacob Scott @jscott

John Perdue @johnnyhockey42

Micha Sage @AcousticKazoo

Micheal Rasmussen @Connor mcdavid

Symere Myles @InciteHysteria

Thorny Underyew @jack

Titus LaClass @Termancy

Wonona Levantoes @oramuda

Zeno Miniti @Zeno

Raymond Bernard @Mr_Hatter

Samuel Ross @Brrbisbrr

We ended up with

4 Players in the top 10 for points

5 Players in the top 10 for Assists

3 in the top 5 for goals

1 goalie in the top 5 (36 starts or more)

This was clearly a team effort and we couldn’t have done it without everyone. With that said I wanted to highlight some of the individual efforts of the team.

Top goal scorer/Most Shots:

Thorny Underyew had the most goals on the team with 58 goals in 72 games played. This is a nice accomplishment since he was placed on the second line for the season. He really helped the team out with secondary scoring. Thorny also managed the most shots for the team with 462 the most in the league. The closest one to 462 was 428 set by his teammate Zeno Miniti.

Most Assists/Points/+/-

This accomplishment goes to Zeno Miniti, he centered the top line and amassed a massive 134 points on the season. The closest to him in points was Thorny with 119. Zeno also had the highest +/- on the team (probably had something to do with the 134 points).

Most PIM/HIT

The player with the most PIM’s and Hits is no other than Anthony Hawk, he managed 94 PIMS and 398 hits on the season. The closest player this Hawk’s hits was Kenji Hachimura with 259 hits on the season. He kept other players on their toes and was a big contributor to the team.

Most Shots Blocked

The most shots blocked was defenseman Beau Bennett, he managed 66 shots blocked on the season. That is no to take away from our other defensemen Aamon Grim (64), Finnegan MacBurn (63), Jacob Scott (55). All of the defenseman were very close in SB.

We were lucky enough to have two goalies on the Lynx this season Raymond Bernard and Samuel Ross. Both goalies did spectacular this season with a combined record of 61-9-2. What I found the most interesting is that the both ended the year with 2 assists each. Both ended up with a save percentage above .880 and under a 2.2 GAA. Combined they even managed 7 shut outs, 156 goals against on 1421 shots and 4 assists.

A player that I wanted to highlight from the Lynx that needs no introduction is Michael Rasmussen. Many of the veterans of the VHL know Michael from a few seasons and I just wanted to highlight that he should win most improved. This season Rasmussen had 20 Goals 46 Assists for 76 Points on the season. When we compare this to his stats from last season of 5 goals and 1 assist for 6 points or season 65 where he had 1 lonely assist.  This is a 1166.67% increase from the previous season.

Once again, I wanted to thank everyone on the team even if you didn’t get a call out you were a huge contributor and we couldn’t have been as successful this season without you. Here’s to the playoffs and hoping we can bring home the cup!

8 hours ago, Acydburn said:

I just wanted to tank all of the players on the team

Why the hell would you tank us???

Seriously, though, it's been an honor being on this team, especially being my first season in the league. It's been a blast and no matter where we place, it's been seriously fun you guys.