Martin Reflects on Season

Sullvino

It was an up and down season for the 4th overall pick, Aston Martin, and his Davos Dynamo in Season 67 of the VHL. With expectations very high before the season, Davos came up very short of their goal and missed the playoffs. For Martin, he went from a 100-point, dominant VHLM season to a very mediocre season statistically in his first season in the VHL. This is expected for a first year player making the leap to the big leagues, but Martin was definitely not pleased with his performance this season,

"It was a tough season for me. I definitely had high expectations for myself coming off my year in Ottawa last year. I wanted to contribute in a big way for this team and it just proved to be more of a learning curve than I had anticipated. I will continue to put in the hard work in the off-season to come back better, stronger and faster next season and hope to really take a large leap in year 2. I'm excited for the future and will just put this season behind me."

Martin finished the season with 15 goals and 23 assists in his 72 regular season games played. This put him 7th in scoring amongst the Davos Dynamo and outside the Top-10 for rookie scoring. Can Martin take the big leap in year 2? Stay tuned.