EU Conference Finals GM 7: Riga Reign vs. Helsinki Titans

VHL Games

So someone has to say it...basically until we have a non GM simming the playoffs these games will have seriously negative stigma. How this has been allowed for a second straight season is irredeemably nonsensical. Throw yet another asterisk on the winning team of the Victory Cup which is supposed to be the top award of a player and GMs career. But boy does this cast a dark cloud. Hate to say it. The inside knowledge of how the sim operates and its applied seasonal settings is incredibly valuable.

• Commissioner

Back to back finals! 4 straight for the actual team but just two for me. Hopefully we can do as well against Vancouver as we did last season!

As has been the case for everything but games 2 and 3 I did nothing but that’s alright, I’d rather see a win than points.

Aside from another behemoth performance by Wilinsky, that by the way makes quik look like a genius, we had some pretty interesting penalties. 

McWolf for the dive in the first. I always knew he was a diver. And Sid Crosby for head butting. Not sure what led to that but I'd pay to find out

Edited by oilmandan

5 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

So someone has to say it...basically until we have a non GM simming the playoffs these games will have seriously negative stigma. How this has been allowed for a second straight season is irredeemably nonsensical. Throw yet another asterisk on the winning team of the Victory Cup which is supposed to be the top award of a player and GMs career. But boy does this cast a dark cloud. Hate to say it. The inside knowledge of how the sim operates and its applied seasonal settings is incredibly valuable.

They hate us cause they anus

• Commissioner
4 minutes ago, oilmandan said:

McWolf for the dive 46 in the first. I always knew he was a diver.

Was caught for diving in game 6 too. He just can’t control himself.

3 minutes ago, Beketov said:

Was caught for diving in game 6 too. He just can’t control himself.

Every league needs a Crosby amirite? :P 

Congrats to Helsinki on another Final appearance. Tough break for Riga, you get the gift that Game 6 was and you have enough hope to think you just need to actually outplay HSK for a game. Relatively speaking shot totals weren't that wild, so this was absolutely a game Riga could of taken, if Pepper hadn't of got his redemption that is. 

9 minutes ago, Nykonax said:

I'll be honest when I first joined I thought this could be the case. However, I feel like the community here has my integrity than how you imagine it to be. Long standing members with no real motive to twist things to their benefit is what I gather. I should also state that it appears this way at first for anyone new (I certainly had my doubts as well) but after awhile you sort out that the sim seems random and the only knowledge a person has is the line strategies. Also, if you want insider knowledge just ask those long standing members for some suggestions (I did that with @Quik and @Beketov on my player)

4 minutes ago, monkeywrench15 said:

I'll be honest when I first joined I thought this could be the case. However, I feel like the community here has my integrity than how you imagine it to be. Long standing members with no real motive to twist things to their benefit is what I gather. I should also state that it appears this way at first for anyone new (I certainly had my doubts as well) but after awhile you sort out that the sim seems random and the only knowledge a person has is the line strategies. Also, if you want insider knowledge just ask those long standing members for some suggestions (I did that with @Quik and @Beketov on my player)

it's a copypasta from jubo. don't take it serious lmao

5 minutes ago, monkeywrench15 said:

Nyko is just posting some troll meme from season's ago. I've live simmed every game of these playoffs and he knows it, so in the face of legit Sims he's just meme posting to vent his frustration with STHS and losing. 

No worries though appreciate the insight and perspective from a new member coming in.

1 minute ago, Devise said:

Nyko is just posting some troll meme from season's ago. I've live simmed every game of these playoffs and he knows it, so in the face of legit Sims he's just meme posting to vent his frustration with STHS and losing. 

No worries though appreciate the insight and perspective from a new member coming in.

they are legit, but still rigged

2 minutes ago, Victor said:

We were way too close to an all Beaviss final, thank you Helsinki although we would have swept you fucks.

Only time I win cups is all Beaviss finals. Now im nervous....

4 minutes ago, DilIsPickle said:

YES. Now beaviss only has 50% to win a cup

Shouldn't you be cheering for your hometown to win a cup?

@Victor my finals streak has to be some sort of member record by now, right?

What a series tho, Pep and Wilinsky coming up BIG in the clutch! Let’s go get ourselves another Cup boys!