S68 Expansion Megathread

Quik

6 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

i mean honestly, 5 different EU teams are looking scary heading into next season....... would hate to be the team that misses

I'd keep my S69 1st if I was you ;) 

Anybody else think VHL History should abandon the cheesy fake 'GM names' of players in terms of GM history / HoF / etc?

- I know who diamond_ace is. I have no fking clue who Jason Glasser is.

- I know who Enorama is. I have no clue who his [INSERT FAKE CHEESY NAME HERE] is.

- I know who [INSERT ANY VHL GM'S USERNAME HERE] is. I have no clue who [INSERT FAKE CHEESY NAME HERE] is.

Just a thought. Sorry if I offended anyone / took focus away from the VHL expansion announcement. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Anybody else think VHL History should abandon the cheesy fake 'GM names' of players in terms of GM history / HoF / etc?

- I know who Enorama is. I have no clue who his [INSERT FAKE CHEESY NAME HERE] is.

- I know who [INSERT ANY VHL GM'S USERNAME HERE] is. I have no clue who [INSERT FAKE CHEESY NAME HERE] is.

Just a thought. Sorry if I offended anyone / took focus away from the VHL expansion announcement. 

No

11 minutes ago, gorlab said:

Some of us are lamer than that and just full use our real names, because fuck it. 

8 hours ago, Devise said:

Some of us are lamer than that and just full use our real names, because fuck it. 

wtf your irl name is RYAN POWER?? That's pretty sweet. I always thought it was a work name.

Edited by gorlab

1 minute ago, gorlab said:

wtf your irl name is RYAN POWER?? That's pretty sweet. I always thought it was a shoot name.

A shoot name? Haha. The idea of hiding behind some user handle in 2019 seems wild to me. But I'm sure people have legit reasons. I've just long gotten past any idea that the net is somehow "less" than irl and requires some need to be secretive. But keep in mind I also met two best friends doing podcasts with them on this site and count several others here on similarly personal levels. I constantly say Jason instead of his @diamond_ace handle for example. 

• Commissioner
8 hours ago, gorlab said:

Also, where the team logos at?

4 hours ago, wcats said:

I need to see some logos and colour schemes big time. Dig the names though!

We’re just finalizing a couple of details on one of them, they’ll be ready soon. I promise it won’t be a Halifax situation.

4 hours ago, Beketov said:

We’re just finalizing a couple of details on one of them, they’ll be ready soon. I promise it won’t be a Halifax situation.

But what if we want a Halifax situation ? 

1 hour ago, monkeywrench15 said:

all I can think about is the DC Comics Dragons. Might as well just make it Washington

We were debating that, but then this team started up: https://twitter.com/wash_dragons

We didn't want to clash from starting teams so close together.