DAV/VAN; S67 off-season

VHL Bot

I'll be the first to admit that I got taken through the ringer on this one, but I really needed a deal to be done and this was the best deal i could get ?

@Snussu @Infernal I'm sad to see you guys go :( You were here for quite some time and it's definitely unfortunate it had to happen this way, but the ugly truth is that i couldn't afford to give you guys much time this season, and so i dealt you guys to vancouver where hopefully you get the playing time you deserve. Good luck boys

2 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

taken through the ringer on this one

7 minutes ago, VHL Bot said:

HC Davos receives:

S68 RIG 4th

S69 VAN 3rd

Vancouver receives:

S68 VAN 1st

Even without the players that's and understatement

1 minute ago, Nykonax said:

what the fuck.

so davos is trading 2 decent prospects, a mediocre player, some goalies, and a 1st for a 3rd and a 4th?

we traded 2 inactive goalies, 2 pending FAs, and a backup goalie and a 1st to clear up cap space.......which we are now under the cap

so yes

what the fuck.

so davos is trading 2 decent prospects, a mediocre player, some goalies, and a 1st for a 3rd and a 4th?

Cap space, Davos is only 250k under cap and that's before they need to resign Thompson

but why the 1st

again, GMs WILL NOT (and any vhl gm will confirm this) that unless they get something worthwhile from it, they wont do the deal. theres literally no point in taking another team's cap just to be nice

1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

again, GMs WILL NOT (and any vhl gm will confirm this) that unless they get something worthwhile from it, they wont do the deal. theres literally no point in taking another team's cap just to be nice

can't you just release them and pay half the cap hit

Yep

thats a good response to me destroying the point you were trying to make

sure if you want to call it that, i was just wondering why the 1st was in there, and you were getting shit back. Shawn and bad trades, name a better duo

sure if you want to call it that, i was just wondering why the 1st was in there, and you were getting shit back. Shawn and bad trades, name a better duo

Dahlberg and disappointing seasons (besides S65 though, thanks for going off in fantasy for me that year)