DAV/VAN; S67 off-season

VHL Bot

1 minute ago, Nykonax said:

sure if you want to call it that, i was just wondering why the 1st was in there, and you were getting shit back. Shawn and bad trades, name a better duo

......am i supposed to just play the season over the salary cap?

i overpaid a bit, but it was a necessary move

also you can stop acting like last offseason's trades were shit. you requested a trade and i got a great return

I get this from Shawn's side. It sucks and he prob should have tried to avoid being in cap hell in the first place, but once a team is in cap hell, sometimes you have to lose a deal to get out. He's paying beaviss to take cap. 

The thing I don't get is that he and I were discussing a deal where he refused to budge past a certain point - the thing I was offering, that he wouldn't do, was still less bad for him than this. I'd have taken on much of this cap had he paid me the 1st to do it, in exchange for my 2nd this year (26th pick) which is better than a 3rd and 4th. He insisted on my 2nd next year, which we all know will be a first and a half...

2 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

I get this from Shawn's side. It sucks and he prob should have tried to avoid being in cap hell in the first place, but once a team is in cap hell, sometimes you have to lose a deal to get out. He's paying beaviss to take cap. 

The thing I don't get is that he and I were discussing a deal where he refused to budge past a certain point - the thing I was offering, that he wouldn't do, was still less bad for him than this. I'd have taken on much of this cap had he paid me the 1st to do it, in exchange for my 2nd this year (26th pick) which is better than a 3rd and 4th. He insisted on my 2nd next year, which we all know will be a first and a half...

part of my reasoning was i dont have any use for picks this season. with next draft . being deep, i at least have a chance at getting a half decent player

1 minute ago, ShawnGlade said:

next draft . being deep

But you still wanted to act like a 10th overall this season is significantly better than a 13th/14th overall next season. If next draft is deep, then they're the same pick, like I said. It doesn't matter if one is labeled "a 1st" and one is labeled "a 2nd"

Also if you had no use for the pick this season, you could always have flipped it to someone. Hell I'd have given you a 3rd and 4th for this, I just assumed no one would turn down a 2nd and then accept a 3rd and 4th...

2 minutes ago, diamond_ace said:

But you still wanted to act like a 10th overall this season is significantly better than a 13th/14th overall next season. If next draft is deep, then they're the same pick, like I said. It doesn't matter if one is labeled "a 1st" and one is labeled "a 2nd"

Also if you had no use for the pick this season, you could always have flipped it to someone. Hell I'd have given you a 3rd and 4th for this, I just assumed no one would turn down a 2nd and then accept a 3rd and 4th...

i mean yeah, in hindsight it's silly, but i was more focused on getting rid of the cap rather than a return

and eh, part of it was me hoping you would budge. sometimes ya mess up a deal like this, but i mean, its unlikely that these picks are gonna matter too significantly down the road

I'm just going to put this out here. 

Y'know if you trade draft picks you can totally draft less, and avoid having too many players on your roster in the future. That said Shawn did what he felt was needed here and it's tough to trade that many players and only ask for picks back, even before you get into value dependant on cap and team needs.

8 minutes ago, Devise said:

I'm just going to put this out here. 

Y'know if you trade draft picks you can totally draft less, and avoid having too many players on your roster in the future. That said Shawn did what he felt was needed here and it's tough to trade that many players and only ask for picks back, even before you get into value dependant on cap and team needs.

Less picks doesn't = none lol

29 minutes ago, ShawnGlade said:

i mean yeah, in hindsight it's silly, but i was more focused on getting rid of the cap rather than a return

and eh, part of it was me hoping you would budge. sometimes ya mess up a deal like this, but i mean, its unlikely that these picks are gonna matter too significantly down the road

And how did waiting to see if I would budge work out for you when we were Ott and Hali? You know that doesn't work with me ;)

2 hours ago, diamond_ace said:

And how did waiting to see if I would budge work out for you when we were Ott and Hali? You know that doesn't work with me ;)

main reason i gave up, because i still have nightmares from that OTT/HFX finals in s62

Edited by ShawnGlade

3 hours ago, eaglesfan036 said:

This is why Beaviss is able to make teams that can consistently compete for a long period of time

Because the experienced GM's keep taking the rest out for dinner and somehow sticking the newbies with the bill on like every notable trade?

• Victor changed the title to DAV/VAN; S67 off-season