Pre-Draft Thoughts from Tates

PotatoKing

Pre-Draft Thoughts from Tates

Jeff Tates has been hard at work practicing ahead of the season to come. The young winger had a hopeful first season with the Saskatoon Wild despite being unable to reach the playoffs, missing by a margin of a meager three points. Late last night, the Canadian released a statement on the popular social media platform Facehook™ to his few fans:

With the VHLM dispersal and VHL draft coming up, many of my friends and family asked me to provide my thoughts on the subject so I will do it here. Nothing's changed for me, I'm here to put on my skates and make my team better every day, no matter the team. My past mentors suggested trying not to rush my development so I will take it one day at a time without stressing the details. Most of all, I'm looking forward to another exciting season of Hockey! Thanks Mom & Dad for always believing in me.

The optimistic forward is currently projected to be an early pick in the draft, with estimates ranging anywhere between 30th and 10th overall. Follow the status of Tates and other up-and-coming rookies on the Live Central Scouting Draft Rankings.