Pat Svoboda Discusses Upcoming Season

StamkosFan

Pat Svoboda returned to the arena after a rejuvenating summer, ready to partake in the year's training camp. He talked about his aspirations and goals for the upcoming season with nearby reporters covering the event. "This will be my fifth season in the league; it seems like just yesterday I was drafted fifth overall. I had a bounce back season last year, got 57 points, but I want to get back in the 70-80 point threshhold this year. I passed 25 goals last year, which was great and exactly what I wanted to do going in, if I can improve my total by at least 3 goals I can get back into the 30 goal range which would be the ideal. I'm thinking I'm going to have a bigger role this year, which should help; more ice time means more scoring, and I'll be able to get more opportunities. Able to make more of a difference for my team. I want to be a leader for Riga and to play a big part in bringing us to a Continental Cup victory, so it'll be awesome to see my coaches have more faith in me. I made a statement with my playoffs breakout and hopefully my coaches saw that and it pays off," said Pat Svoboda.