Philadelphia Reapers GM Job

Banackock

We've received news that @BladeMaiden has stepped away from her role as GM of the Philadelphia Reapers. We wish her the best. Now, with that being said, the Reapers need a new manager and face to lead their organization successfully with the heart of the team, but also the VHLM. If this is you and you are interested in the role, please either apply in here by commenting your interest or if you wish, privately message myself or @diamond_ace.

Best of luck to those applying! :cheers: 

@VHLM Commissioner

I'm definitely interested in this one. You can look at some of my previous applications for GM positions to hear my normal sales pitch (caring, competent, energetic,...). But really I think I'm well suited for this GM gig in part because the Reapers drafted my player their inaugural year. In addition to that, I have already helped shape their history by writing a 2,000+ word story on the arena (Part 1Part 2). My ties to the franchise run deep and make me a great candidate for Reaper GM.

4 minutes ago, McWolf said:

Isn't Jubo stepping up and taking the job? I figured it would go down this way. 

That being said, if he's not taking it, I'll throw my name in. I'd love to get back into GMing at some point.

Agm wont automatically get it, so he also has to apply.

5 minutes ago, Green said:

Agm wont automatically get it, so he also has to apply.

ik, just thought he'd be named interim for the draft at least. Naming a new GM without inside knowledge a day before the draft is a franchise homicide

1 minute ago, McWolf said:

ik, just thought he'd be named interim for the draft at least. Naming a new GM without inside knowledge a day before the draft is a franchise homicide

maybe that means an AGM will be picked as they are the ones watching the draft already

As I do tend to vouch and support people for these sort of openings I will put my 2 choices on the table right now.

Firstly, my first experience of VHL was with Blade as my GM and I can't be thankful enough for all the great memories I had in Philly. In my eyes an exemplary GM.

Secondly, my two choices are - @DMaximus and @McWolf. Even though I have known McWolf for fairly small amount of time, he is a great community member, was a great GM beforehand and is a great person to deal with, no issues, no arguments. DMaximus is another person I have vouched for since I became GM of Houston Bulls. He is great and valued member of VHL, always puts his 100% in for what he does, so I strongly believe he would be a great choice. 

Considering I named 2 people here, I would give edge to DMax just because #HireDMaximus was once an idea and I wish to push it through now!

Hello,

I am applying for the position of Philadelphia Reapers GM. Now I know there is a lot of candidates that will likely be applying, some with great criteria, some with great backgrounds and so on, but I am not here to talk about them, I am here to talk about me. Today, I want to share why I will be the best applicant for this position. 

IR hired me two seasons ago, when we officially were given the Marlins expansion team. Since then, I have learned a lot, and craved more for myself in the management side of things. Now, I can successfully: 

Make Lines
Use portal for GM purposes (been instructed how to, anyways)
Handle myself in a professional manner

I've also made it my duty to ensure that the players are my number one priority, whether they need help with the builds, or need help with achievement tracker, or just about anything they could ask for, I am there. I promise to provide a healthy, fun, safe and active locker room atmosphere, as I have with the Marlins. I've made it my goal and my mission as an AGM not only to see it that our team finds success, but primarily to make sure our PLAYERS have fun. 

A lot of our players this season were new to the league, they hadn't ever experienced the VHL or the VHLM like many other members have before, and at times we could've sold off, at times we could've tanked and let them go, but because of the experience we created for them, they actually told us they'd rather stay, then leave, and it's good to know I was able to contribute to their happiness in my time as AGM.

So if you want someone who is serious, but able to have fun, simple and relaxed, but also dedicated to the cause, and if you want someone who genuinely CARES about the well-being of his team, his players and their happiness, then look no further...I am your guy. I want this more than anything, I've actively done my part in trying to get a GM spot for so long, I am now hoping this is my chance. 

Edited by MexicanCow123

Bias or not, I've seen @MexicanCow123 grow the most and know a lot about him since the process began of making him my AGM. With two seasons of experience under his belt, everything he's said I can personally vouch for. He's been an absolute stud when it comes to the LR especially, and he's been so good at really making connections with our players and helping them at all of their beck and calls. He's been a class act as AGM too, he's actually been engaged and wanting to learn from the get-go, we went through drafting together, off-seasons together, playoffs and so much more. 

He's literally THE prime candidate for this position imo. Because he's been willing to learn, his experience is endless and in this short amount of time, he's proven himself time and time again just how capable he is. There is going to be a lot of applications I am sure, but don't skip this kid over, he's a diamond in the rough. 

Good luck to everyone, can't wait to have one of you join us on this crazy ride :)