Claimed:Fun!

Fun!

As I was building the Yukon Rush for our cup run this season, I had much more in mind than just winning cups. While there is a team that wins the Continental Cup every year, I want to do something better than winning a cup. I want to win a cup with a group of people who are fun to spend time with and who create a great locker room environment. I’m very happy to say that half of my goal has been achieved, as every active person on Yukon is a great guy to hang out with. In this article, I will talk about some people who have made this year really enjoyable for me as a GM.

Girls_just_wanna_have_fun.gif

Draper – Don Draper

Draper has turned out to be everything I hoped for with my 10th pick. Creating his player just a day before the draft, many saw Draper as a surprise pick for Yukon because he was so new. Honestly, I picked Draper just because I needed another defenseman. However, I am so glad I picked him now! Draper has been maxing out his TPE each week and will soon become our number one defenseman, though that is not why I like Draper the most. Draper has been a great guy to spend the season with, as we’ve had interesting conversations in chat almost daily. Draper also has taken the initiative in getting more involved in the league, as he has applied for numerous jobs along with pumping out interesting media spots weekly. I’m proud of you Draper!

don.jpg

D3vilsfire – Konstantin Jaroslav Azhishchenkov

I actually regret drafting KJA because his name is so annoying to look up and spell! In all seriousness, I was thrilled that KJA was available to me at the fourth pick as we were already good friends before the draft. D3vilsfire is another person I enjoy having daily chats with, along with reading his occasional amusing article about me. D3vilsfire has also shown a lot of initiative, as he became the GM of the Red Wolves after just one season as a VHL member. He is also another player on Yukon who pumps out lots of TPE each week, as KJA has been having an excellent year as our first line center. I’m proud of you D3vilsfire!

stalin.jpg?w=221&h=278

Munk – Bennett Wahl

Munk is probably the person I find most amusing in the league. Everything Munk does is incredibly unpredictable; he’s almost like a troll, except he is a really likeable troll. When I drafted Munk in the second round last season, I was just throwing out a prayer as Munk was inactive at the time. Luckily, I was able to revive Munk so the league could enjoy his personality once again. Munk has been very active lately, as Bennett Wahl has long ago hit the 100 TPE mark, along with being named captain of the Rush. I’m proud of you Munk!

monk-i-need-a-monk.jpg

Seth – Kimmo Salo

While we haven’t been able to chat as much lately, Seth is another person I enjoy having interesting conversations with.  Seth also has shown a lot of initiative, as he was hired to be a VHLM GM after just one season in the league, along with being a media spot grader. I guess I should also mention that Salo has been really amazing this season, leading the league in pretty much every goalie category. While much of this can be attributed to the strong team around him, Seth is another Rush member who maximizes his TPE each week as well. Boo this man!

dipietro-thumb.jpg

While these four people have been great to spend time with this season, unfortunately I did not have time to write about everyone on the Rush. Kai Randal (Runny Nose) has also gained a good amount of TPE this year and is a cool guy in the locker room. Strummer (Lars Strummer) has been active in gaining his TPE, but has been pretty quiet around Yukon facilities. 701 (Triton Jackson) has only been semi-active this season and I hope you stick around. I hope everyone has been enjoying their season on the Rush so far, because I have been enjoying mine!

Content: 3/3 - Yukon have definitely turned the tables from having Bratislava at the top last season to dethroning them. I can see how well you guys mesh well together, so it'll be a shame when some of these guys make their way up to the VHL. Best of luck to you guys.

Grammar: 2/2 - Didn't find anything!

Appearance: 1/1 - Haha, sparkles.

Overall: 6/6

Final: 6/6

• 2 weeks later...