Beaviss

:cal::nya::sea::tor::que:

The VHL All-StarGame!

:dav::hel::mal::mos::rig:

All-Star Player & GM Selection

12 Forwards

8 Defensemen 

4 Goalies

That's it. 24 players -- two forward lines, two defensive lines, and two goalies each for two teams to represent 10 VHL teams. 

But how are we going to do it?

Ten of our selections will be made by GMs - but for 14 players and our All-Star Game General Managers, well, that's up to you.

Each of our General Managers will pick one worthy player from their team to guarantee full-league representation. Once I've received each General Manager's choice, I'll start a thread for each member of the VHL to vote for multiple players; we'll have those threads up for a couple of days, then finalize our rosters.

But before I get ahead of myself, we'll also need to select a manager for each team. This is a public vote - so the GMs with the greatest number of votes will be the ones managing our all-stars.

The Draft & Game

Once the managers of each team are chosen we can get to the draft portion of the Event. Each manager will participate in a snake-style draft (team 1-team 2-team 2-team 1...) to select the teams for the All Star game. Once the players are selected then the managers will send me there lines and who there starting goalie will be. Since there are 4 goalies selected, the starting goalie will play periods 1 and 3 and the backup will play the 2nd period.

For this year's All Star Game we'll be using NHL 19 on PS4 to run and record the event. The event will be announced and conducted at a later time to reach as many members as possible. The game will be three periods of 15 minutes real-time, so it'll be a full-length, livestreamed & recorded game.

I'll be creating NHL versions of our VHL stars and (hopefully) teams using their VHL stats (height, weight, scoring, speed, etc.) so you can see just how deadly our favorite snipers and how powerful our favorite goons are.

Rewards

We can't have an All-Star Game without something at stake, right? Below are the ways each Player and Manager can earn TPE using this event:

All Participants:

All Star Selection: 1 TPE

Win the Game: 2 TPE

Skaters:

1st Star: 3 TPE

2nd Star: 2 TPE

3rd Star: 1 TPE

GWG: 1 TPE

Hat trick: 3 TPE

Three Assists: 1 TPE *

Goalies:

.850+ Save%: 3 TPE

Two Periods Played: 1 TPE 

There will be a 5 TPE earned cap for the rewards.

*new

6 minutes ago, gorlab said:

wE cAnT gIvE tPe FoR gRaPhIcS bUt HeReS 8 tPe FoR bEiNg In ThE aLl-StAr GaMe !1!!

I'm an advocate for making this community better and this is something I have thought about, asked about, and been shushed about. I'm with @gorlab on this one. This isn't to raise hell or to cause drama, this is a legitimate opportunity to improve our community and become more inclusive to more members - and add something else to bring in more members. 

• Commissioner
9 hours ago, gorlab said:

wE cAnT gIvE tPe FoR gRaPhIcS bUt HeReS 8 tPe FoR bEiNg In ThE aLl-StAr GaMe !1!!

1. Anyone can make the ASG, not everyone on the site can make graphics.

2. It’s incredibly rare for someone to hit the ASG cap, which is 5 not 8, and most people just get 1 or 2.

Not everyone has a TPE job on this site. Not everyone can get a job. And not everyone has the time commitments for a job. Some do have jobs and get no TPE even.

That aside, we aren't looking for TPE just for the people who make graphics. We are looking for TPE for a small amount of TPE that everyone has a chance to get. 

With @gorlab's suggestions in mind, 2 uncapped TPE is steep these days. One uncapped TPE per submission period (every 2 weeks) to vote is such a small amount and would:

• a) make us graphics nerds shut up and stop complaining;
  • b) give everyone a chance for TPE - if you make a graphic you don't get any extra TPE, nor if you win the competition;
  • c) involve our entire community in graphics in one way - graphics are an essential part of this site; 
  • d) add an extra engaging element to our site to help keep everyone active and a part of the discussion surrounding graphics;
  • e) builds our community and gives us another unique draw for prospective, new, and current members

(srry beaviss)

Edited by Motzaburger

• Commissioner
1 hour ago, Motzaburger said:

Not everyone has a TPE job on this site. Not everyone can get a job. And not everyone has the time commitments for a job. Some do have jobs and get no TPE even.

That aside, we aren't looking for TPE just for the people who make graphics. We are looking for TPE for a small amount of TPE that everyone has a chance to get. 

With @gorlab's suggestions in mind, 2 uncapped TPE is steep these days. One uncapped TPE per submission period (every 2 weeks) to vote is such a small amount and would:

• a) make us graphics nerds shut up and stop complaining;
  • b) give everyone a chance for TPE - if you make a graphic you don't get any extra TPE, nor if you win the competition;
  • c) involve our entire community in graphics in one way - graphics are an essential part of this site; 
  • d) add an extra engaging element to our site to help keep everyone active and a part of the discussion surrounding graphics;
  • e) builds our community and gives us another unique draw for prospective, new, and current members

(srry beaviss)

This isn’t the place for this discussion.