DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

23 minutes ago, DollarAndADream said:

1. It has to be someone from Toronto's 3peat days. Molholt, LeAndre St.Pierre, Black Velvet, Hans Wingate. One of them, probably. Either that or my Calgary days with @diamond_ace when I had my first player.

You can technically combine both concepts into one player - Kerkko Hyvarinen

1. Who's your favorite teammate of all time?

Can't say i have a favorite tbh. I like all my teammates equally!

2. What are your goals for the rest of your career?

There isn't many games left but i'd hope to get to the 60 points mark.

3. Where's your next trip booked?

Nice hiking trip in the mountains!

4. What's your thoughts on expansion?

It's dope. Provides more possible jobs for users and provides players a chance to shine with a new franchise.

5. What's your go to Subway order?

Italian B.M.T. Foot long. 9 grain wheat, toasted, chedder cheese, lettuces, tomatoes, banana peppers, jalapenos, special house sauce and some salt and pepper.. 

6. What are you hoping for out of the rest of the season?

Although it'll be tough, I hope we make the playoffs

Whos your favourite teammate of all time?

Hmm I don't know, I haven't played with a ton of people. Maybe Spyro or Jeff Downey.

What are your goals for the rest of your career?

No grand plans, just try to consistently contribute to the team.  Winning the cup once would be nice but who doesn't want that.

Where's your next trip booked?

No trips planned at the moment, just bought a condo so gota save some money after spending so much.

What's your thoughts on expansion?

I'm excited, should be a lot of fun!

What's your go to Subway order?

I know it's not good for you but I love the chicken bacon ranch.  I change cheeses a lot but also get spinach, green peppers, jalapenos, ranch, and southwest sauce  Lots of other good options though!

What are you hoping for out of the rest of the season?

I could get up to 50 points, so that would be sweet.  Would be nice to make playoffs too!

1. Who's your favorite teammate of all time?

Oh that is a hard one... maybe Freeman? He was great to play with.

2. What are your goals for the rest of your career?

I need to get a cup at some point... but time is winding down.

3. Where's your next trip booked?

Wherever the next team road trip takes me I guess!

4. What's your thoughts on expansion?

Always a good thing as long as we have enough players to support it, which I believe we do right now.

5. What's your go to Subway order?

I haven't been to Subway in years. Maybe a nice chicken teriyaki? Those were always good.

6. What are you hoping for out of the rest of the season?

This season for Vancouver is kind of lost. Maybe a slim chance at a playoff birth but I'd like to rack up some stats.

Race for playoffs

1. 6 points to catch up and 6 games to do it. What are the chances we make playoffs?

2. Who's responsible for turning around this team that seemed hopeless just a week ago?

3. Do you have any big plans for the off-season?

4. Would you want to play for one of the new expansion teams at some point?

5. If When we make playoffs, our likely opponent is Calgary. How do you think we match up?

6. Is a hot dog a sandwich?

27 minutes ago, Enorama said:

Race for playoffs

1. 6 points to catch up and 6 games to do it. What are the chances we make playoffs?

2. Who's responsible for turning around this team that seemed hopeless just a week ago?

5. If When we make playoffs, our likely opponent is Calgary. How do you think we match up?

1. I'd say it's like a coin flip where both sides are heads, like two-faced. From that batman movie, you know the one, with Harvey Dent, the villain, named Two Face.

2. The turnaround of the team has to be the development of some of our younger guns, namely Wolski. The way that he's been able to grow has really shown up on the stat sheets

3. This offseason I want to get really into fishing. Fly fishing, deep sea fishing, bass fishing, shark fishing, phishing emails, all of the typical fishings, that's for Xavier!

4. Drafons forever man, why would you ask this ?

5. Well we're American and they're Canadian, so we probably match up well. America always wins, in my spectating experience ;)

6. Yes, there is bread and meat between it. The better question, is whether a pop-tart is a ravioli  

On 6/23/2020 at 7:23 PM, Enorama said:

Race for playoffs

1) 100%, we're in it to win it.
2) I think we finally developed some synergy, something that we lacked earlier in the season
3) Aaltonen will need to hit the gym very hard, the upcoming season will be his last and he wants to make sure he's in the best shape he can be for it.
4) Sure why not, being apart of expansion teams means to help them build/start off their legacy.
5) Gonna be a tough match up for sure, but I think we have what it takes.
6) yes

On 6/23/2020 at 11:23 AM, Enorama said:

Race for playoffs

1. 6 points to catch up and 6 games to do it. What are the chances we make playoffs? We will get VERY close, but not make it in the end.  We will probably lose our last two games.

2. Who's responsible for turning around this team that seemed hopeless just a week ago? Wolski has been a beast

3. Do you have any big plans for the off-season? Probably look for another team, just what I've heard

4. Would you want to play for one of the new expansion teams at some point? Chicago

5. If When we make playoffs, our likely opponent is Calgary. How do you think we match up? Very, very well

6. Is a hot dog a sandwich? Yes

On ‎2020‎-‎06‎-‎23 at 10:23 AM, Enorama said:

Race for playoffs

1. If there's a will, there's a way. Unfortunately it's looking awfully slim 

2. Money would be on Stone Wolski. I mean he's in charge of keeping the puck out of the net.

3. Might take a trip or two, come back and train for the next season

4. Nah. Can't say I'm completely interested. It would be a cool experience though

5. Haven't been keeping track of our wins and loses to them, but it'll certainly be a challenge since they're the best team in the league right now.

6. Yes

My heart says, "it's a lock".  My head says, "slim to none."

My general answer is that it is a team effort.  Sometimes one guy stands out for scoring goals, or giving crushing hits, or standing on their head in net, but there are always the guys you don't see that if they hadn't stepped up, we're still in a tailspin.

My usual - back to France to spend time with family.  For me that's big.

Not really.  I'm playing for one of the new expansion teams and came up when they were very much "new".

5. If When we make playoffs, our likely opponent is Calgary. How do you think we match up?

I think if when we make the playoffs, we'll be on such a high that no one will be able to stop us.

Never got into the debate.  I just eat them.

On 6/23/2020 at 9:23 AM, Enorama said:

Race for playoffs

1. Toronto made it in instead of us, and they're down 2-0. I liked our chances to make it in the playoffs, but things just didn't pan out.

2. I think goaltending has been a huge factor, but there's also been consistent scoring. Can't win without goals.

3. Just keep on chugging along with training. I want to come back next season, stronger than ever.

4. I don't mind playing for any team, really. Whoever wants me can have me. My main goal is to win championships though.

5. I think we could have done pretty well against Calgary, to be honest.

6. A hot dog is a hot dog. It goes in hot dog buns. It's not a sandwich.

On 6/23/2020 at 1:23 PM, Enorama said:

Race for playoffs

1. Idk if you guys missed it but I hope you did.

2. Teams still hopeless.

3. Be a hofer.

4. Not with Hogan. Expansion teams suck

5. You lose.

6. Yes. 2 carb and meat 

This didn’t age well version:
1. Not great

2. I still think Wolski is the catalyst for our teams success.

3. Get gooder

4. I would play anywhere

5. I think that would have been a tough matchup if we did get in. But anything is possible once you’re in.

6. No it’s a hot dog

Odds were against us and unfortunately that's how it went but there's always next season, just gotta roll with it.

Scoring was rough in some parts as well as our Defense, I think it was really team cohesion that brought us the most success with Wolski leading from the front.

Stay focused, don't beat up myself too much over the season and look forward.

D.C. will always be home to me, I can't imagine playing anywhere else.

Especially after last season, I'd love to sink my teeth in another opportunity against them. Anything is possible on how that series could have gone.

I actually had this argument with my girlfriend and I purposefully disagree with her so Yes, I consider a hotdog a sandwich thanks to those glorious buns. ?

On 6/23/2020 at 9:23 AM, Enorama said:

Race for playoffs

been a while since I did one of your pressers

1. Sadly that didn't happen for you guys, I mean I'm happy I got in with the Legion but I wish both teams could have made it.

2. Seems Wolski is popular vote and I can agree, I've had to face him before.

3. Keep up the TPE production.

4. The Chicago Phoenix yes.

5. Well you guys didn't make it but..... I think it would have been rough regardless.

6. No.

Edited by ROOKIE745

1. Which VHL team do you expect will win the Continental Cup?

2. Do you expect any changes do you think are needed for this Dragons roster, if any?

3. If you could be any other position in the VHL other than what you currently are, what would it be and why?

4. What is the #1 most stressful hockey position? #1 forward, #1 defenseman, or #1 goaltender?

A couple of real life stuff:

5. How is your city handling the these COVID times? Does your city have more cases, etc? Have you been out and about?

6. Do you expect the NHL will resume, and who do you think wins it all if the playoffs do come back?

4 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

2. Do you expect any changes do you think are needed for this Dragons roster, if any?

3. If you could be any other position in the VHL other than what you currently are, what would it be and why?

4. What is the #1 most stressful hockey position? #1 forward, #1 defenseman, or #1 goaltender?

5. How is your city handling the these COVID times? Does your city have more cases, etc? Have you been out and about?

6. Do you expect the NHL will resume, and who do you think wins it all if the playoffs do come back?

1) Riga has been looking really good, being a former Reign member, I'm rooting for them!
2) I don't think our roster needs massive changes, getting that top draft pick will be a nice addition, but besides that I believe we're good.
3) Role wise, I think I'd be a D'man(hint hint).
4) Probably being the goaltender, you're the last line of defense behind everyone, if it's in, you're the most commonly blamed one.
5) Everything is slowly coming back to life, and it isn't in the news 24/7, which is nice, but I really hope people don't underestimate the virus and make it big again.
6) tbh I don't think NHL should resume this season but knowing them they probably will, the usual Boston/Tampa/Washington are the cup contenders, imo.

9 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

1. I think the team will come out of NA. I’d really like to see NYA win it after so many seasons of underachieving.

2. I don’t think we need anything too drastic. Our goalie is set, and our top D line is set. Our forward core is strong it just lacks the chemistry, but I think we found some near the end of the season.

3. I love all the positions, tbh. I have had success with each one. I think I’m going to try goalie in my next player but I’ll also probably take a few seasons break before doing so.

4. l think the easiest answer is goalie. But realistically anyone underachieving can be stressful. Especially in a simulation when you can’t really control your player.

5. We currently have no active cases. I work in the downtown area of my city in a retail alcohol-industry business. It has been insanely busy and it’s only crazier now that things are opening up and it’s hot as fuck out.

6. I think it will. I think a team like St Louis who likely needed the rest, comes back strong, and now with Tarasenko who was out all year. That’s a team to watch. Also, wouldn’t it be an Edmonton thing to do to win the covid cup while they had home ice advantage the whole playoffs?

10 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

1. Which VHL team do you expect will win the Continental Cup? Riga

2. Do you expect any changes do you think are needed for this Dragons roster, if any? Needed, probably not, but something will have to give with the upcoming expansion teams

3. If you could be any other position in the VHL other than what you currently are, what would it be and why? I'd like another try at center, helping maintain posession with faceoffs

4. What is the #1 most stressful hockey position? #1 forward, #1 defenseman, or #1 goaltender? goalie fshooo

5. How is your city handling the these COVID times? Does your city have more cases, etc? Have you been out and about? we had a shelter in place for about 10 weeks, only recently went through the phases.  personally i feel like we went from phase 2 to 4 too quickly.  worried that without structure people will just get lazy and the virus will climb back up.

6. Do you expect the NHL will resume, and who do you think wins it all if the playoffs do come back? Hmm that's a good question... it will probably resume but honestly I think all of the professional league (sans baseball, maybe) will unfortunately shut down again due to constant cases and spreading.

I'm rooting for NYA due to their recent history.

I don't think anything huge, I'd say we're solid down the line. I think we can definitely compete next season.

I think Goalie would be a very difficult but rewarding task. Often a thankless job, but incredibly necessary to compete!

Goalie, without a doubt!

I live next to D.C. and with all the protests and rallies, I'd say it's hard to tell. We're opening things up but at the same time things are still still mainly doing things at 50% capacity.

I'm still hoping the end of the month but probably in August to be safe. I'm hoping for the Av's out west or the Bruins from the east.

I have Riga taking it all.

Just make sure whatever you do you are worst than the Chicago Phoenix.

Scoring winger. Chicks dig goals.

Gotta be goalie. The whole team relies on you and if you have an off night it can ruin everything.

I've been getting out and about lately. My city has handled it fairly well and kept cases relatively low.

As a homer I am going to pick the Leafs, if it returns.

Riga, I suppose.

I imagine that some changes will be made as we tend to always be looking to get better, but I'm not sure what they will be.

Center - just can't see moving off the primarily scoring lines.  lol

Stress?  There is stress in hockey?  I'd have to say goalie.  I'd hate to have to face my shots.

I'm on Long Island.  We've taken it very seriously and cases are down.  Makes me shake my head at some of the "wild west - is there a problem" states and localities.

I know they want to, but I'm a gloomy gus and have a hunch we'll play this all very badly, the virus will make a roaring comeback in the fall and sports will be off the table again.

On 7/5/2020 at 2:08 AM, DollarAndADream said:

1. I think Calgary, the North American teams always win. Always. Except for Helsinki 

2. I think we just need time to develop. Getting a new shiny first overall pick is pretty cool too.

3. I think I would only rather be a center. I really like my spot as a forward, being a d man in a past life was pretty meh.

4. Goaltender is super stressful because you’re all alone on an island. I wouldn’t want to be one, I don’t envy Wolski.

5. ok I didn’t know we had a fellow long Islander but I’ve actually also been ok here. Nothing too scary, my family in Florida are all dumb all got COVID but are all healthy.

6. Let’s go islanders ! The only real team that’s going to win. Long Live Pelech

Press Conference - Offseason Edition

1. Who do you think should the Dragons select with their first overall pick?

2. Which Nation do you think will win the World Cup this offseason?

3. Which team do you think will make the biggest off-season changes?

4. What are your personal goals for your player next season?

5. What are your expectations for DC as a team, can we make playoffs? Establish ourselves as a contender?

6. If you could bring any member into DC, which one would you bring?

14 hours ago, STZ said:

Press Conference - Offseason Edition

1. Who do you think should the Dragons select with their first overall pick?

2. Which Nation do you think will win the World Cup this offseason?

3. Which team do you think will make the biggest off-season changes?

4. What are your personal goals for your player next season?

5. What are your expectations for DC as a team, can we make playoffs? Establish ourselves as a contender?

6. If you could bring any member into DC, which one would you bring?

1. Marshall James Frostbeard

2. Canada ??

3. Tough to really say considering I don't keep up with the politics of the VHL. If I had to guess I'd say us (D.C. Dragons) or HC Davos

4. I was close to reaching my goal of atleast 50 points. So next season I'd hope to achieve that and remain under 50 PIMs.

5. I feel like we were a good enough team to have made playoffs this season honestly. So I think coming into the next season we should be more than capable of being a contender.

6. Again tough to say. Honestly any player that would help us improve i'd bring on.