DC Dragons Press Conference

Enorama

On 12/10/2019 at 4:47 AM, Enorama said:

1. What order will the bottom five teams shake out to? (Calgary, New York, D.C., Prague, and Davos)

2. Who's taking home WJC gold?

3. Do you keep cheering for your WJC home team even after you've graduated out or do you not care anymore?

4. Would you rather make playoffs and go out in the first round or just miss it and have a chance at a lottery pick?

5. Valentino's point production has fallen off a bit. Do Jerwa or Drumm catch him by the end of the season?

6. Does anyone have a shot at ending Saskatoon's unreal season in the VHLM?

1) high to low: Cal, DC, NY, Prague, Davos

2) Asia

3) Yes because I'm starting!!!!! :D

4) Just miss and lottery pick

5) I (drumm) wont, but Jerwa might

6) Yes, it's the VHLM, crazier things have happened

1 Season is ending soon and it looks like we are not going to make the playoffs. Are you disappointed with that or are you just looking forward to next season?

Which player from another team would you like for us to add this offseason?

We're in the middle of theme week, and the theme is unsung heroes. Who's your candidate for unsung hero on our team?

What team are you rooting for in the VHL Playoffs (if we don't make it)?

How does your production compare to your expectations?

Give me an idea for a name for my next player.

1 Season is ending soon and it looks like we are not going to make the playoffs. Are you disappointed with that or are you just looking forward to next season?

Sure, I'm a little disappointed but I know we'll fair much better next season.

2 Which player from another team would you like for us to add this offseason?

Seeing how my performance has dropped, I'd take a McWolf or two to help us on the blueline.

3 We're in the middle of theme week, and the theme is unsung heroes. Who's your candidate for unsung hero on our team?

Pekka no doubt, Mikko is the blatant hero but Pekka is doing his best out there every game to keep us in it.

4 What team are you rooting for in the VHL Playoffs (if we don't make it)?

Malmo for sure, lot of good players on there and they're due for one!

5 How does your production compare to your expectations?

Was hoping for a better performance but I'll be better prepared for next season.

6 Give me an idea for a name for my next player.

Obiwan Canoli

Sure. Always like to win, but also did not expect to make it this year.  But we improved and that's the main thing.

I have to be honest and say I don't follow the other teams that closely.

We're in the middle of theme week, and the theme is unsung heroes. Who's your candidate for unsung hero on our team?

Pekka Pouta.  Wrote my VHL.com article on this.

Seattle. Predicted the repeat. lol

At first it felt much lower, but with more thought, I realized how unrealistic it would be to expect VHLM numbers as a first year VHL player.

Mack Wolfe

9 hours ago, McWolf said:

1. Seeing as it's only the teams 2nd season I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, I think the team is still building and finding it's identity. While it would be nice to make the playoffs for experience it's not the end of the world that we don't.

2. I haven't been following teams to closely but in another presser I said I think we should add a defensemen. But I'm not sure who.

3. I'll say Block buster.

4. The Nighthawks.

5.Tbh I wasn't sure what exactly to expect but overall I'm happy.

6. Jack Keller.

On 12/17/2019 at 11:46 AM, McWolf said:

1. It is disappointing, but I was aware it would be tough going into to it. Always gotta take these seasons as a way to improve for the next 

2. Kind of tough to say considering I’m not entirely sure who will be hitting the FA market, but I’d think a top tier forward in the LW or RW position could be of some value.

3. Pekka Pouta. I always feel goalies never get enough praise and Pouta has been a blessing for us even if we’re not winning many games.

4. Vancouver. Mainly cause they’re a Canadian team

5. Not ideal. I was hoping to reach the 50s but I’d be happy breaking atleast 30 points this season. 

6. Harvey McBuble Jr.

Edited by Midnite

On 12/17/2019 at 8:46 PM, McWolf said:

1) I expected us to do much better than last season(which we did) but then at the same time I didn't expect us to contend in the playoffs, however I am excited about the upcoming seasons.
2) Don't have anyone specifically, with this draft not being too deep, it would be awesome if we landed a top3 pick
3) Valentino.
4) Riga, wish them luck in the playoff sim
5) Kinda dissapointed with the 9 game 0 point streak, but it's whatever, got 30 goals which is nice.
6) I am bad at coming up with names lmfao

The playoffs are starting soon. Like later today. Who do you think will face off in the Finals?

Who do you think goes first overall in the next Draft?

Is there one player who's predicted to go late in the round who you think should go early?

What are you gonna do to kill time now that we are eliminated?

The VHLM currently has 11 teams and I hate it. Say we add a 12th team, what would be its name?

Is there a league job you'd like to do at some point in the future?

10 hours ago, McWolf said:

The playoffs are starting soon. Like later today. Who do you think will face off in the Finals?

Is there one player who's predicted to go late in the round who you think should go early?

The VHLM currently has 11 teams and I hate it. Say we add a 12th team, what would be its name?

1. Nighthawks and Legion.

2. Most like Edwin THE Encarnacion.

3. Maybe Jacques Lafontaine? because he's a goalie?

4. Watch the other teams go at it, and hope Halifax goes on a good run.

5. Snow Foxes!!

6. Maybe, can't say I'd be ready for it yet since I'm still learning.

Going with the favorites: Riga and Vancouver.

To be honest, I really don't know.  Maybe Encarnacion.

I don't really follow the draft much so I'm going to cheat and agree with Rookie745 and say Lafontaine. lol

Guy is enjoying his family who are visiting from France.

Kansas City Hepcats!

Updater.  I'm an updater in almost all of my leagues.  Got to round out the group - and get that sweet extra TPE weekly.

1 The playoffs are starting soon. Like later today. Who do you think will face off in the Finals?

Hoping it's Malmo and Vancouver!

2 Who do you think goes first overall in the next Draft?

Edwin no doubt!

3 Is there one player who's predicted to go late in the round who you think should go early?

There's a good number of sleepers I think but I think Lafontaine is a good one cause every team needs a good goalie!

4 What are you gonna do to kill time now that we are eliminated?

Valentino is bummed about this season's numbers so hopefully him visiting family in Italy and training there will help before heading back to the District.

5 The VHLM currently has 11 teams and I hate it. Say we add a 12th team, what would be its name?

The Boston Buccaneers!

6 Is there a league job you'd like to do at some point in the future?

I'd be game for an updater gig, but i'm open to almost anything

On 12/27/2019 at 3:33 PM, McWolf said:

1. I got my money on Vancouver and Riga

2. Edwin THE Encarnacion for sure

3. Gonna agree with everyone else and say Lafontaine. Can’t imagine he’ll go very early but he’s definitely a good pick up for any team

4. Probably travel a bit during the off season. Go watch a couple of Roy Johnson’s games in New York and continue to improve my game

5. Well there aren’t many overseas teams. So i’d go with the Black Wing Linz

6. nah not really. I like it here but my other sim league jobs have me busy enough 

Playoff edition / Eno is finally back in North America edition

1. Riga, Seattle, and Vancouver are the teams still standing, who brings home the Continental Cup?

2. Should we make a move in the off-season to start competing next season or be more patient with it?

3. If you weren't a hockey player, what would be your job?

4. If you can't watch hockey, what sport do you watch?

5. If Jerwa retires in the off-season (as has been rumored), who grabs that vacant alternate captain slot?

6. Reading a book in front of a fire or watching a movie under a half dozen blankets?

1. Riga, Seattle, and Vancouver are the teams still standing, who brings home the Continental Cup?

Vancouver is my guess, as much as I'd like to see Seattle repeat

2. Should we make a move in the off-season to start competing next season or be more patient with it?

A move off-season would be great to help the squad but I don't know who would be in the mix. I'm alright with staying patient and letting players grow into their roles.

I think I'd want to get into computer networking and find a sweet gig in Silicon Valley.

Basketball or Soccer, both are filled with floppers though which makes it a tough comparison to Hockey.

5. If Jerwa retires in the off-season (as has been rumored), who grabs that vacant alternate captain slot?

Charles Drumm would be a great addition to Captaincy, I would say Pekka if it were an option as well!

6. Reading a book in front of a fire or watching a movie under a half dozen blankets?

Movies and blankets, I don't read as much as I used to these days which is tragic.

18 hours ago, Enorama said:

1) Riga Reign takes it home
2) I think it depends on what kind of a draft pick we land, if we get a top2 we might not even need to make a big off-season move.
3) Mikko would probably open up a cafe somewhere downtown
4) Nothing, hockey or bust for me.
5) Drumm could be an option, he was one of the original ones starting here, alternatively I feel like both Graves & Washington will play a massive role down the line, so maybe one of them as an A could be useful.
6) more of a movie person here.

I went early with a prediction of Seattle repeat and I'm not backing off now.

As aways - "it depends" - I wouldn't sell our future for a slim chance of being that much better next season.  We might need another season or two to be within striking distance of making some noise in the playoffs.

Good question.  I'm a pretty good cook.  Maybe I'd train to be a chef.

Easy - baseball.  By far my favorite sport I'm no good at.  lol  As a Francophone, I lament with the people of Montréal the loss of their Expos.  I've got a friend from Kansas City so I've become a Royals fan. 

I just don't feel comfortable speaking on this.  I've got some great teammates who would all do a great job, but I don't want to single one out at the exclusion of the others.  Glad I'm not the coach on this one!

Depends on the night and whether there is anyone with me under those half dozen blankets.  lol

On 1/3/2020 at 10:59 AM, Enorama said:

1. Riga cause you know I'd like to see Ryan Kastelic win!!

2. I lean towards being more patient with it, wanna make sure we can compete for a long time and not just have 2 or 3 seasons where were competitive and then fall off the map.

3. You I think I'd like to be a game designer.

4. Not really interested in other sports, maybe some MLG?

5. My pick would go to Mikko Aaltonen. I think it should be a veteran player.

6. Watching a movie under a layer of blankets with some hot coco!!

Playoffs v2 baby

1. Say we add one F and one D this off-season, one in FA and one in the draft, which should we add in which way?

2. Who goes 1st overall, Lahtinen Jr. or Encarnacion?

3. Pick a lower ranked guy in this year's draft that you think will be better than his ranking. Why'd you choose him?

4. What's the first video game you ever played?

5. What is your least favourite genre of music?

6. Cats or dogs?

2 hours ago, Enorama said:

Playoffs v2 baby

1. Say we add one F and one D this off-season, one in FA and one in the draft, which should we add in which way?

We should add a D from Free agency because as well all know, defence wins championships and that's going to be the goal going forward for this team. Then we should add an F from the draft so I have a fellow new guy to share some minutes with.

I think there's a legitimate argument for either of them to go first overall, anyone who follows the VHLM will know that both of these guys are as sure a star pick as you can get in the draft and whoever ends up getting them will be ecstatic with either one.

3. Pick a lower ranked guy in this year's draft that you think will be better than his ranking. Why'd you choose him?

I think both Alex Bridges @Alex Bridge and JaredN @jared are both great talents after having player alongside them during this past season in the VHLM, they've got a long road ahead of them but I expect them to be great value for their pick lower down in the order.

Some old space invaders game in the PC in probably 2005ish, I used to play the two-player mode sitting on my mum's lap on the family PC.

Probably metal, each to their own i guess but it just isn't my cup of tea.

6. Cats or dogs?

DOGS! but I do like cats as well.

Man, too tough to call - especially since I don't follow draft well enough.  But I'd rather bolster D first with an established guy as our young forwards are getting better every day.

Flip a coin really.  Maybe Encarnacion on the theory that D can be a little more scarce.

Going with Bridges to ride the coat tails of my teammate above.

Probably Pong or a copy of pong.  Just two paddles at each end of the screen with a square ball going back and forth.  lol

5. What is your least favourite genre of music?

Rap or Opera; really hard to choose since I really dislike both.  Ok, Gilbert and Sullivan is technically opera, so I'll say rap.

6. Cats or dogs?

Have learned to appreciate cats more, but dogs rule!

4 hours ago, Enorama said:

Playoffs v2 baby

6. Cats or dogs?

1) I think it's gonna depend on where we land in the draft, if we get to pick top2, pick one of the options(they're bost insane) and pick the other one in FA. If I could choose I'd pick Encarnacion in the draft and then a forward in FA.
2) I'm pretty sure Encarnacion goes 1st, D'men are really valuable, especially high end franchise potential ones like Encarnacion.
3) Michael Rasmussen is going to be the next Datsyuk or Zetterberg, why? ..... well, because it's Michael Rasmussen.
4) I started playing games with PS1, Crash bandicoot and Spyro were literally my entire childhood
5) Tough question since I mostly listen to 1 genre only, though I'd rather listen any genre except metal, that just isn't my thing.
6) have been surrounded by cats my entire life, so cats > dogs

On 1/6/2020 at 10:24 AM, Enorama said:

Playoffs v2 baby

6. Cats or dogs?

1. Id look for a forward in FA and draft a young stud on the backend for the future.
2. I think at this point its tight. Either or could go 1st, but if it was me I would take the center. Mikko Lahtinen.
3. Me. Im pretty sick.
4. I think it was pokemon.I grew up playing a lot of pokemon because I wanted to catch them all.

5. I love all music. Any genre pleases my soul.
6. Can i say neither? Not a big animals guy

I would say draft a defensive player and aim for a Forward in free agency.

My money is on Encarnacion. 

Shawn Glade Jr. He had a pretty good VHLM season with Ottawa and is rounding out to be a potentially great defenseman. On the right team he would have many opportunities to prove he’s more than ready to enter the big leagues.

Super Mario World on the SNES. 

Country ?

6. Cats or dogs?

Dogs all the way

I think our GM made the right moves to fill in what's we're missing :D

Encarnacion cause I can always appreciate a talented D-man.

I think Alex Bridges will be a sleeper, he's a hard worker and think he'll be a sleeper.

WWF Smackdown on PS1 cause I used to follow professional wrestling religiously as a kid.

Country cause I'm from New England and never could really relate to it lol 

6. Cats or dogs?

I love and have owned both, currently have two cats so consider me team cat! ?

On 1/6/2020 at 8:24 AM, Enorama said:

Playoffs v2 baby

6. Cats or dogs?

1. I thing a forward from the draft and defenseman from FA.

2. I would say Encarnacion but Calgary does have the first 2 picks so I wouldn't be surprised with they messed with us and drafted him 2nd lol.

3. Justin Graves, because he seems to be a good TPE earner.

4. Super Mario 64.... I think? memory is really fuzzy.

5. Country...... I just don't like it.

6. I love both but I lean towards cat a bit more.