Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

1) Are you happy with becoming the first players to ever play for this brand new VHL team ?

2) What will be the best way to improve your player this season?

3) Is there any players that you look forward to playing with that is on this team now ?

4) Do you like the Phantoms logo ? 

5) Do you think we will do better than the other new expansion team DC ?

6) What do you think we need to get through free agency to make the team better ?

15 minutes ago, Jbeezy76 said:

1) Are you happy with becoming the first players to ever play for this brand new VHL team ?

3) Is there any players that you look forward to playing with that is on this team now ?

6) What do you think we need to get through free agency to make the team better ?

1. Of course. Although it's a bit of a bummer to leave New York, it's always exciting to go and play for an expansion team.

2. I think the best thing for me to do is improve my defense and to take less penalties. Last season both my +/- and pims were pretty undesirable and will what I focus on improving this season

3. Everyone, really. Always fun to play with a new group of guys and see what we can do together

4. Yea it looks pretty slick.

5. At the moment I have my doubts, but depending on who we bring in, we can definitely finish off better than them.

6. Right now, we could use a little bit of everything. Depth is a necessity.

1. I'm beyond excited I couldn't of asked for a better scenario for myself by being drafted by a expansion team. During my rookie season, it's not only me out there that's going to be a fresh face, everyone here is new. So, it's kinda a fresh start for everyone we're all starting off at the same point. 

2, Well the best way for me to improve out there is by consistently giving my all on the ice and showing up at practice and to go ham at the gym and gain some strength and mass.

3. Well I never got the oppurtunity to get paired with Wolf Stansson Jr. during our time in the Yukon, so I'm looking forward on seeing how our games would mesh together. 

4. I fucking love it

5. Well my personal goal this year is to be better than DC. We gotta establish ourselves early on as the better expansion team out there.

6. I think we could use some depth everywhere really. But specially we gotta get ourselves a backup. 

Yeah its an awesome opportunity to start off the VHL on an explosive young team with some chemistry.

This season I would like to solidify my role as a offensive force, and definitely work on being able to defend the solid talent in the VHL.

I look forward to playing with some well known names that are just coming over to Prague from their previous teams, but I'm stoked to play with my boys from Yukon. We had great chemistry there and I think our GM picked up the perfect pieces.

Duh. It's great!

I'm not experienced enough to tell, but hey I sure hope so.

You can never go wrong with a great two way forward that can handle any amount of minutes and be able to offer a boost to the defensive end.

•  

1) Are you happy with becoming the first players to ever play for this brand new VHL team ?

Yes it’s really exciting playing with new team and players. 

I just want to get as much TPE as I can as fast as I can. 

I definitely look forward to playing with Blake Laughton he’s a big tough scoring & hitting machine. Plus I look forward to playing with my Yukon buds. 

I love it. I think it’s the best in the league. 

I think anything is possible. So I’m going to be working towards us being the best eventually. 

6) What do you think we need to get through free agency to make the team better?

Basically anybody that can score and play defense also. Maybe a veteran or an active younger player. 

1. Yeah, definitely. Coming from a VHLM expansion squad really helped to bring the guys together, hoping for more of the same here.

2. Gotta keep grinding, stack that TPE. Up my offensive game and try to retain the VHL fight title by keeping my undefeated fighting streak alive.

3. Stoked that we got Grimaldi. The GM definitely has an eye for talent with that pickup, he was always solid for us San Diego, with any shortcomings stemming from our inability to stay out of the box. Excited to see what he does at the next level.

4. Absolutely. Almost like a cyberpunk color scheme wuth a black backdrop.

5. All I can guarantee is that I'll do my best to out hit them.

6. I like where we're headed with the roster we have, but always open to new additions that can produce.

2 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

Yes, was hoping to get on this team and glad they selected me.

Keep improving defense while upgrading scoring and playmaking. And bank points for the following year.

Haven’t really talked to many of them yet will be getting to know my future teammates throughout training camp.

Yes, awesome logo good colors.

Yes, our GM did a great job building our team with the best he could get.

Think the focus would be about establishing a core and developing the players we have here, if we can bring in some help great but let’s develop our guys.

5 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

1. Yup, I think its cool to be able to be some of the first on a team and make some history. 

2. I think speed and strength are going to be the main things for me to improve upon right now.

3. Pearson, This is the third team weve played together on and we get a long well.

4. Its super sick, i love the theme.

5. Of course, we are going to light it up this year.

6. I think its best to get a good core set up, and then see where we need to go from there. I havent really looked at much just yet, but once we start playing it will be easier to get a sense on what we need. 

10 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

1. Heck yes, although i won't make it for at least one more season it looks like.

2. Defense is key, I'll upgrade that as much as i can as well as skating.

3. Well i played with glowy on the hounds so it would be cool to play with him again

4. Oh hell yes it looks dope and sleek as hell love the design.

5. Yes cause the phantoms are the best team!!!

6.yes and no i guess we have a great group but adding a few key pieces can't hurt. 

I am extremely honored to be a part of the Prague Phantoms, especially as this is an expansion team and coming into the league with a clean slate and roster. Prague was one of the few teams to contact me prior to the draft to get to know me, so I am grateful that they took me as opposed to a team just taking me out of the blue. The odds were not on Prague's side in the draft, but it is fortunate that everything fell in place for me to go to Phantoms. I look forward to making some history with the team while I'm here. 

It definitely will have to be skating and defense. I was able to hang around in the VHLM because my build was at the 200 cap. But now that we're in uncapped territory, I really have to step up my game in order to be able to hang with the big boys. There's no learning curve or a hold-your-hands kind of learning. I might get overwhelmed or fooled from time to time, but as I've said in the past- I am a firm believer in that experience is the best teacher. With Prague, I will have that opportunity - so I'm kinda excited about that one. 

Seabass Perrin, I look forward to playing with him. Our time on the rink didn't overlap too much in Yukon 'cause we had two other solid defensemen. But now that we're on a whole new team - so we're going to have to play and learn together while we're here. Willie Dredge is another Yukon player, which is cool and it'll be nice to have some familiar faces around as we acclimate to the VHL. 

The logo is pretty fierce and I like it. Quite appropriate for an expansion team looking to make its mark in the well-established VHL. 

I am not too sure about that. It looks like the D.C. Dragons went for a few more experienced/veteran players as opposed to Prague Phantoms. One thing that's for certain is both of us are going to have a rough inaugural season - but it's all about playing through the motions, learning about each other and the system. A few years down the road, I anticipate us being better than the Dragons.

A few more experienced, proven veteran players would be awesome. It looks like I'll get plenty of playing time, but it'd be nice if we had some veterans in the LR to help us break through mental blocks, scoring slumps, you know, the little things that us hockey players make when we are mentally fatigued. It's kind of hard to know what we exactly need/what is available in the market but we'll see how the offseason pans out. It won't change how I intend on approaching the game. 

On 9/9/2019 at 12:48 PM, Jbeezy76 said:

Absoloutley it’s an honour! It’s pretty awesome to have a team of young guns to grow together.

I had a rough summer with injuries so I need to rehab my shot and skating as the season goes on.

3) Is there any players that you look forward to playing with that is on this team now ? My former Teammate Scotty BigShotty! 

4) Do you like the Phantoms logo ?Love it, it’s a really cool asthetic 

Probably not this year, But in the next few years if our team grows then for sure we can dominate.

6) What do you think we need to get through free agency to make the team better ? I think Draper was an awesome pick! I would’ve gone after Mitch Matthews maybe too but I think our defence will be good enough.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:48 AM, Jbeezy76 said:

1. Of course. Being given a chance to play in the big leagues and start right away is an incredible opportunity.

2. I think it’s going to be focusing on consistency. If I can keep my head down and keep grinding, everything else will take care of itself.

3. I don’t know many of the guys on the new team, but I am excited to see what we can get going.

4. I think it’s pretty good, but don’t be surprised if you see a couple alternates coming along.

5. I am never one to bet against myself.

6. I think I will have a better view of that after we get through training camp.

1.Who would you say is exceeding expectations on the team? 

2.Whats a good way to unwind after a tough loss?

3.Who is one player In the VHL you try and model your play after?

4.Favourite Pregame Meal? Postgame meal?

5.How would you feel if the VHL went back  to retiring numbers? 

6.Whats one thing you think Prauge could do differently to improve our 1-7-1 record?

1.Who would you say is exceeding expectations on the team?  I don't believe anybody is exceeding expectations. But Willie Dredge is off to a great start with 7 points.

2.Whats a good way to unwind after a tough loss? I like to read and also listen to a lot of music.

3.Who is one player In the VHL you try and model your play after? I don't model myself after any player.I am me and that is enough.

4. Favorite Pregame Meal? Post game meal? Pre game meal is fruit and baked chicken  Post game I hydrate mainly and maybe a small snack like a protein bar.

5.How would you feel if the VHL went back  to retiring numbers?  It makes no difference to me I just want to start getting more points and leading this team to victory!

6.Whats one thing you think Prague could do differently to improve our 1-7-1 record? I think we need a goalie that will update consistently and try to go above and beyond to get his TPE up otherwise we are just spinning our wheels!

On 9/18/2019 at 8:55 AM, Jayrad28 said:

6.Whats one thing you think Prauge could do differently to improve our 1-7-1 record?

1. I wouldn't say anyone really is exceeding expectations. Everyone is playing around where they should. Some guys are playing pretty well right now but nothing too crazy.
2. Personally I just like to get back on the ice. Sometimes it's not possible to do so immediately after the game but it always feels good to just skate around casually. Really lets your mind run free.
3. I can't say I really model myself after everyone. I go out there and just play my own game and do my own things and it's worked out so far.
4. Pregame I hit myself up with my special grilled cheese. I use a secret recipe. Don't want the other team to discover its magic. For post game I don't usually eat anything. Maybe some water and an orange just to re-hydrate me but that's about it.

5. Don't really care either way. It'd be good to do something like that to remind us of some of the greats in the VHL, as long as there isn't too many popping up. Wouldn't want to restrict players too much.

6.  Just need to play a fuller game, more production from some of are guys really. Looking at some of our stats, there's definitely some players who could really improve and I feel that everyone can generate a little more offense, myself included. I don't see our defense getting super good so the best way to steal wins is to out-chance and outscore our opponents.

On 9/18/2019 at 8:55 AM, Jayrad28 said:

1.I'd say nobody is exceeding expectations right now which may be why we're not doing so well. 

2. I like to go out with the boys and have a beer over a game of pool.

3. I try to be my own man out there. I dont pattern my game after any VHL player really.

4. Pregame meal usually consists of salad with some fish. Post game well after a win I'll treat myself to a good steak.

5. Never knew they retired numbers before but I think it would be a cool idea.

6. Well we need some consistency defensively. We play well for a game then play like shit for 4. We can't let up after a single good game

1) What is your favorite pre-game meal?

2) Who is your favorite NHL player currently?

3) How many goals do you have at the moment?

4) How many assists do you have at the moment?

5) What is your favorite brand name for hockey sticks?

6) Do you think Prague can get our record up to .500 ?

Willie Dredge smokes a old school joint before every game, so you can say that's his meal.

Tomas Hertl :)

Warrior

Always believe!

6 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

1) Miniti always has sushi before his games.

2) Patrice Bergeron, although Brandon Carlo is my guy.

3) 7

4) 9

5) Bauer

6) Absolutely! Got to believe in the power of the Phantom!

15 hours ago, Jbeezy76 said:

1.Usually share a blunt with Willie and munch out on cheese puffs.

2.Brenden Gallagher 

3.Not Enough...

4.8 helpers isn’t terrible 

5.Bauer probably

6.Maybe if everyone keeps their tpe growth up

1. A smoke and a pancake or, a flapjack and a cigarette or a cigar and a waffle, or a pipe and a crepe or a bong and a blintz. Either way I keep it light and stick to breakfast before the game.

2. I can't pick just one dude. I like Lee's game in New York, Tarasenko for the Blues is another guy. Byfuglien even though he's contemplating retirement is up there too. Kucherov is pretty talented too i guess.

3. What, I think 5? Doesn't really matter as long as the team is winning.

4. Again 5!

5. I mostly played with wooden sherwood sticks but I've recently switched it up a Bauer Composite Product. 

6. Were pretty far behind the eight ball here, I want to be realistic and say no but FUCK YA WE CAN

1 hour ago, Sebster03 said:

1. A smoke and a pancake or, a flapjack and a cigarette or a cigar and a waffle, or a pipe and a crepe or a bong and a blintz. Either way I keep it light and stick to breakfast before the game.

Austin power Reference should merit an extra tpe

1) What is your favorite pre-game meal? sex and sugar!

2) Who is your favorite NHL player currently? Ryan OReilly

3) How many goals do you have at the moment? 5 goals

4) How many assists do you have at the moment? I lead the team with 14 assists.

5) What is your favorite brand name for hockey sticks? I prefer Easton brand!

6) Do you think Prague can get our record up to .500 ? I believe we can get at or above .500 if we continue winning. 

On 9/23/2019 at 2:55 PM, Jbeezy76 said:

1.) I enjoy eating chicken wings. It has to be a 4-7 ratio. As in 4 bone-in wings and 7 boneless wings. With Buffalo Wild Wings’ Hot Sauce to be specific. I had my best game during my Junior hockey days with that pre-game meal and I’ve stuck with it since. 

2.) Growing up, I liked watching how Scott Stevens played. The guy could pack a wallop into a hit and yet still contribute on offense. Nowadays... hmm I don’t know. Goalie, I’d definitely say Henrik Lundqvist.

3.) I believe I have 7 or something like that. 

4.) I believe 9 assists. 16 points in total if I’m not mistaken.

5.) I don’t have a particular brand that I must play with. I usually just grab a random stick from somebody else’s stack and play with it. Sometimes this makes me look silly playing with a short stick, but I like to live dangerously.

6.) I don’t think we can. Winning a third of our games would be a more realistic goal. Maybe 40%. We are an expansion team after all. 

1) How do you like playing home games at O2 Arena in Prague?

2) Is there any songs/ or bands you would like to hear on faceoffs? Or even during warm ups?

3) Are you happy with your performance thus far this season? and why?

4) Who’s your favorite goalie in the NHL?

5)In your opinion, what NHL team has the best NHL logo ? & why?

6) Predict how many goals you will score this season!