Prague Phantoms Press Conference

Jbeezy76

19 hours ago, animal74 said:

New Press Conference!

1. We are 7-3 in our last 10 games. What will our record be in our next 10 games?

2. Dagmar Havlova and Gary Tarantino lead the team with 2 hat tricks each. Who will be the next Phantom to score a hat trick?

3. Who has the worst smelling gym bag on the team?

4. The boys are going out for wings. What's your flavour of choice?

5. What do you think we should be looking to add at the trade deadline if anything?

6. What was your first live hockey game experience?

1. 10-0!

2. I think its Thomas Landry II up next

3. I think I'm guilty of that one

4. I usually go for Honey Garlic

5. I like our squad as is but if we do add someone, hopefully it won't be a goalie ;)

6. Most likely a Halifax Mooseheads or Cape Breton Screaming Eagles game in the QMJHL. First NHL game was Leafs vs Boston in Toronto

1. We are 7-3 in our last 10 games. What will our record be in our next 10 games? - 10-0. We go out there with the mindset that we can beat anyone, that we can win every game that we play. If you don't, you've already lost. 

2. Dagmar Havlova and Gary Tarantino lead the team with 2 hat tricks each. Who will be the next Phantom to score a hat trick? - Ondrej Ohradka has been on an absolute tear lately, I'm gonna go with the hot hand here.

3. Who has the worst smelling gym bag on the team? - It's one of the goalies' bags, I haven't gotten close enough to it to find out and it's going to stay that way. 

4. The boys are going out for wings. What's your flavour of choice? - I usually go with mild to medium depending on the place. I prefer to actually taste the wings, so the stupid hot flavors don't do it for me. Garlic Parmesan is another great flavor as well. 

5. What do you think we should be looking to add at the trade deadline if anything? - It's hard to say, because things are going so well for us lately. I'd say another forward, but where exactly do they fit? I don't see a move happening if you ask me. 

6. What was your first live hockey game experience? - Philadelphia Phantoms vs the Hershey Bears. Went into OT at 5-5 I believe so we absolutely got our money's worth out of that game as well!

On 8/15/2020 at 5:47 PM, animal74 said:

New Press Conference!

1. We are 7-3 in our last 10 games. What will our record be in our next 10 games?

10 out of 10 were gonna smash em!

2. Dagmar Havlova and Gary Tarantino lead the team with 2 hat tricks each. Who will be the next Phantom to score a hat trick?

I think Ondrej Ohradka has been playing very well lately and he could have a chance at being next.

Definitely Ohradka that guy keeps half eaten cans of oysters in there, his bag can kill and even dissapate crowds

honey garlic has always been my thing

5. What do you think we should be looking to add at the trade deadline if anything?

I think we need to bring in more youth!

My first live hockey experience was an OHL hockey game in the Sudbury Community Arena. I remember getting quite pumped after seeing the stuffed wolf come out after every home goal. 

On 8/15/2020 at 10:47 PM, animal74 said:

New Press Conference!

About the same

I think Havlova again!

Alex Pearson

BBQ

RW depth

Sharks Vs BJs in Sweden 

On 8/15/2020 at 5:47 PM, animal74 said:

New Press Conference!

1) I'll say the same, 7-3.

2) Definitely me.

3) I don't think anyone has one that is particularly bad.

4) Buffalo.

5) Anything management sees fit.

6) I grew up going to my local AHL team's games. First NHL game was Boston vs Detroit 2014 playoffs Game 2.

New Press Conference!

1. Of the three top teams in the East (Helsinki, Riga, Moscow), which one would scare you the most as a first round opponent and why?

2. Who was your pick to win the VHL Championship at the beginning of the season and how do you feel about that pick now?

3. In the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs, who do you like to win the Cup?

4. If you could win a championship in any sport besides hockey, what would it be?

5. Assuming Prague makes it to the playoffs, what is our main strength and what is an area of concern going in?

6. On this day, August 20, in 1913, 700 feet above Buc, France, parachutist Adolphe Pegoud became the first person to jump from an airplane and land safely. Have you ever jumped out of an airplane? If so, how was it. If not, would you?

Edited by animal74

1. Of the three top teams in the East (Helsinki, Riga, Moscow), which one would scare you the most as a first round opponent and why? - Helsinki has shown they're capable of getting very hot, but I still feel like Riga is the most dangerous team in a seven game series. They're still the top dogs until someone, preferably us, takes them down. 

2. Who was your pick to win the VHL Championship at the beginning of the season and how do you feel about that pick now? - I picked Riga to repeat, and it still looks very possible. Strong team that has a proven record of success and a goaltender in Greg Eagles capable of playing at his very best when the stakes are at their highest. 

3. In the NHL Stanley Cup playoffs, who do you like to win the Cup? - It's time for Philly to finally bring Lord Stanley back to Broad Street!

4. If you could win a championship in any sport besides hockey, what would it be? - Being part of a team that wins the Super Bowl would be unreal. The hype, the absolute spectacle that the Super Bowl has become... being a part of that would be unforgettable. 

5. Assuming Prague makes it to the playoffs, what is our main strength and what is an area of concern going in? - Defense is definitely our strong point, and our balanced scoring means that a team needs to be able to take away both lines to slow us down. Pundits will certainly predict Woody McPine to struggle in his first playoff action, but the entire team is behind him. He's definitely no weakness to us!

6. On this day, August 20, in 1913, 700 feet above Buc, France, parachutist Adolphe Pegoud became the first person to jump from an airplane and land safely. Have you ever jumped out of an airplane? If so, how was it. If not, would you? - I have not, but I'm not opposed to giving it a try. I'm not going to be going out of my way to do a jump, but if the opportunity comes along, I would certainly give it a shot!

On 8/20/2020 at 3:28 PM, animal74 said:

New Press Conference!

1. Of the three top teams in the East (Helsinki, Riga, Moscow), which one would scare you the most as a first round opponent and why?

2. Who was your pick to win the VHL Championship at the beginning of the season and how do you feel about that pick now?

4. If you could win a championship in any sport besides hockey, what would it be?

5. Assuming Prague makes it to the playoffs, what is our main strength and what is an area of concern going in?

6. On this day, August 20, in 1913, 700 feet above Buc, France, parachutist Adolphe Pegoud became the first person to jump from an airplane and land safely. Have you ever jumped out of an airplane? If so, how was it. If not, would you?

1. Helsinki, because they're in 1st place

2. I don't remember but I probably picked us. Still confident

3. I think it's Colorado's year

4. I think baseball, I've always enjoyed playing

5. I think we have top notch defense, but we could use some help scoring.

6. I have not, but I would like to try it at least once.

On 8/20/2020 at 2:28 PM, animal74 said:

New Press Conference!

Moscow, because history can repeat itself.

I picked the New York Americans, im not as confident about that now but they still have a chance. I just want some of my old Rush teammates there to win (Flowers, ARedGuy)

Well at this point now I'll be hopping on the Avs bandwagon. So go AVS!

Probably football or soccer, more endorsement money with that route.

I think our depth is our main strength but my concern is in net considering were running the 1A 1B thing at the moment. Whos gonna be our man?

Unfortunately I have a fear of falling from heights. I hate roller coasters for this reason. I dont fear heights as much as a fear the feeling of falling, so year jumping out of plane is a nope for me.

Off Season Media Availability/Press Conference

1. With the Phantoms missing out on the play-in round by just one point, what are your thoughts on the season team-wise and individually?

2. What are you looking to improve on in the off-season?

3. What is your favorite moment (or moments) of S73?

4. How is your player going to relax in the off-season?

5. Any parting words for the newly retired Virgil Ligriv @MMFLEX and Cody Smith @cody73?

6. Now that we've experienced first hand (been the victims?) of the new play-off seeding format, do you like it or not? Would you change it?

On 8/28/2020 at 12:32 PM, animal74 said:

Off Season Media Availability/Press Conference

1. With the Phantoms missing out on the play-in round by just one point, what are your thoughts on the season team-wise and individually?

To me it's just frustrating to be missing the playoffs by such a small margin. One point, that's one extra OT round or one win during the season that could've changed everything. It's just frustrating to be comming up short the last couple of seasons, i'm getting older now and my time is running out to win the grand prize, the continental cup. 

2. What are you looking to improve on in the off-season?

I'm just trying to keep up to the young kids that's all. I just gotta keep hitting the gym hard so I can show these guys that I've still got it.

3. What is your favorite moment (or moments) of S73?

@HearnNation67 making his debut!

4. How is your player going to relax in the off-season?

Well due to this virus, I won't be travelling this year so it'll be mostly fishing trips for me! 

5. Any parting words for the newly retired Virgil Ligriv @MMFLEX and Cody Smith @cody73?

Good careers guys I wish you two all the best!

6. Now that we've experienced first hand (been the victims?) of the new play-off seeding format, do you like it or not? Would you change it?

I'm a fan of it. It's a good system since it lets more teams compete post season which is needed with the addition of the four expansion teams. 

1. If you were doomed to drink a specific beverage for the rest of your life what would it be. Water is not a valid answer. 

2.Who do you think on the team would grow the nicest playoff beard?

3. Out of all the teams remaining in the NHL playoffs who you secretly rooting for?

4. Helsinki or Seattle who do you got on winning the cup this year?

5. If the team plane crashed on a deserted island and we had to resort to cannibalism to survive. Who would be the first 3 on the menu? 

6. Name me a tune you can't get enough of. 

On 9/4/2020 at 10:09 PM, Seabass said:

1. If you were doomed to drink a specific beverage for the rest of your life what would it be. Water is not a valid answer. 

Maybe it's the dairy farmer in me but I'll say chocolate milk. It's nutritious and delicious!

I think Ben McGirr @cartoesor Wolf Stansson Jr. @Cornholio Those two are hairy beasts and their five-o'clock shadows are a week's growth for normal men.

3. Out of all the teams remaining in the NHL playoffs who you secretly rooting for?

I've always liked Tampa Bay and I think they have as good a chance as any of the remaining teams. I'm not opposed to any of them really. They all have great players and have good stories.

Seattle has the veteran team trying to extend a dynasty and Helsinki is the up-and-coming team in its prime. If it turns into a score-fest, I think the Titans have it. If the Bears can turn up the defense and Funk can shut the door then the Bears will succeed. As much as I hate to go against my former team, I think my old teammate Hiroshi Okada @enigmatic and the Titans will overcome Seattle.

5. If the team plane crashed on a deserted island and we had to resort to cannibalism to survive. Who would be the first 3 on the menu? 

Is this what team-building exercises have come to? Um, I don't know. Palazzo, Smith and Ligriv (latter two leaving anyway!)

Readyfuels by Anberlin (Click for song!) Been one of my favorite go-to songs for a long time. Anberlin doesn't really have a bad song.

On 9/5/2020 at 12:09 AM, Seabass said:

1) Probably Dr. Pepper

2) Ben McGirr

3) Islanders. I wanna see my guy Boychuk get another Cup.

4) Helsinki.

5) Sheesh, I have no clue...maybe the rookies? ?

6) A Moment Apart by ODESZA.

On 9/5/2020 at 1:09 AM, Seabass said:

1. Blue Gatorade

2. My guess is Ondrej Ohradka

3. I'd have to go with either Dallas or Tampa

4. Helsinki

5. Seabass Perrin beause I love seafood, Cinnamon Block for some flavour, and Wolf Stansson Jr for some extra meat.

6. Sonny's Dream by Ron Hynes or Mull River Shuffle by The Rankin Family

1. How do you feel we made out with our two selections in the draft last night, John Leclair II and The Blob?

2. UFA season is next, is there anyone you would recommend the team to target?

3. Everyone loves candy, but what's your favourite candy?

4. What member of your team do you think will surprise us the most come S74?

5. Which one would you rather:

- A trip to NYC to drink and party and see the big city.

- VEGAS BABY! To gamble and sin.

-  A Northern Ontario Remote Fishing Camp. To well uh, fish.

- A visit to Tanzania to up hike Mount Kilimanjaro

- A visit to Italy to visit museums and monuments. 

- A day walking around all baked in Amsterdam

or

- Party in the lockeroom hot tub with your teamates after a win

6. What are our odds to make the playoffs this year?

4 hours ago, Seabass said:

1. How do you feel we made out with our two selections in the draft last night, John Leclair II and The Blob?

Pretty happy with them! They're team guys and have bright futures ahead of them.

Get Palazzo back if he wants and maybe a backup goalie although there don't seem to be many.

Whoppers. Love that chocolate and malt combo.

I think Woody will have a fantastic season and Landry II will dominate. I'm excited to see what the rookies do, too!

or

Sorry boys, but I think a visit to Italy to visit museums and monuments. I've heard the food is amazing!

We lost by one point. We'll be better this year. I say 100% we make the playoffs!

6 hours ago, Seabass said:

or

1. As The Blob, I'm ecstatic! I can't wait to play for this team!

2. I'm not sure (due to my limited VHL knowledge), but from what I do know I would go for Tate, Freeman, or HHH (if they're available).

3. Gotta go with Reese's, Kit Kats, and Swedish Fish. There's just no topping these 3.

4. My best guess is that Stansson Jr. or Landry will surprise people the most.

5. Gotta go with a party in the LR hot tub after a win!

6. With my "extensive" knowledge about the VHL, Imma have to say 9/8 odds (assuming I'm understanding odds correctly).

8 hours ago, Seabass said:

or

1. Absolutely thrilled. I don't know much about them but they seem to be good defensively and like to hit.

2. We have a solid group now and I don't know much about the league but I'd say wait to see how the season goes and if we can address any issues in the offseason, then go for the ebst available

3. That's a tough one, but maybe Nerds

4. Dan Baillie Jr seems poised for a breakout

5. Definitely Italy. Sorry boys

6. 100%

15 hours ago, Seabass said:

or

1) Super excited to have them.

2) I will second Palazzo.

3) Red and blue Sour Patch Kids

4) Me ?

5) Tanzania would be insane.

6) 100%

16 hours ago, Seabass said:

or

1. no doubt they'll turn into studs and hopefully sooner rather then later.

2. i think i'm UFA next season soooo me maybe?

3. mound bars 

4. god hopefully me i've gotten old in my time away

5.  -  A Northern Ontario Remote Fishing Camp. To well uh, fish. a nice camping trip with the bois

6. hopefully HUGE

25 minutes ago, Liberty_Cabbage said:

1. no doubt they'll turn into studs and hopefully sooner rather then later.

2. i think i'm UFA next season soooo me maybe?

3. mound bars 

4. god hopefully me i've gotten old in my time away

5.  -  A Northern Ontario Remote Fishing Camp. To well uh, fish. a nice camping trip with the bois

6. hopefully HUGE

you were ufa this season until about half an hour before i tagged you in the discord - i signed you on an inactive claim, then tagged you. inactive claims are 1 season so yes you're ufa again next season

On 9/11/2020 at 7:18 AM, Seabass said:

That John LeClair II guy is pretty good, and I've heard nothing but good things about The Blob. Seems like Prague picked up two good prospects.

Nope, I don't have anyone specific in mind. Maybe another defenseman?

Hm....this is a tough one. In general, I like Take 5 bars for chocolate, swedish fish for sweet, and sour patch kids for sour every once in a while.

I think it's going to be John LeClair - only 40ish points in the VHLM, but I think he'll exceed that total in the VHL this season.

I'm assuming I'm not paying for anything related to these trips, so I'd pick NYC...no dive bars though. Couple wine bars, gastropubs, etc...

100%. Book it.

On 9/11/2020 at 12:18 PM, Seabass said:

I think that they could start making an impact immediately.

Let's get some depth on D

Skittles

Diamond Ace

or

Amsterdam

On 9/11/2020 at 12:18 PM, Seabass said:

Better this year but not a given